Where's the Cabana Pictures??

mkend

We were at the end of the cabanas that was nearest the tender dock, which is where this pic was taken.

As I mentioned in more detail in my Star cruise review, next time I'll try to get one at the far end of the cabana section, since that's where the bar (and anything to drink besides water, coffee and tea) is located, and I never saw any waitstaff make it to our end of the beach. The ship's photo staff were there in force, naturally... :rolleyes:

they're nice.... but, too bad they block the view of the beach for those not renting cabanas

these really should be set further back

Our thought was, we're paying "skybox" prices ($8 per person for the cabana as opposed to $0 per person for the loungers) so we should get a "skybox" view. :D

The loungers are set back from the cabanas a bit, there are several rows of them before the paved walkway and the beach does slope down toward the water, so from the loungers you can see the water, horizon, etc just fine.

Our thought was, we're paying "skybox" prices ($8 per person for the cabana as opposed to $0 per person for the loungers) so we should get a "skybox" view. :D

The loungers are set back from the cabanas a bit, there are several rows of them before the paved walkway and the beach does slope down toward the water, so from the loungers you can see the water, horizon, etc just fine.

I thought it was $8 per cabana which holds two people, and not $8 per person. Are you saying one cabana is $16?

I thought it was $8 per cabana which holds two people, and not $8 per person. Are you saying one cabana is $16?

Yes nick (or is it nack??), it's $8 per person, with "double occupancy" for each cabana. It's very confusing the way it's listed on the shorex section of the Princess website.

In fact, we were traveling with another couple and reserved cabanas for them as well, for a total of 4 cabanas. When we boarded we got a call from the shorex desk clarifying that each cabana is for 2 people, and confirming that we only wanted 2 and not 4 cabanas. But the cost is indeed $8 per person.

The cabanas are only on one section of the beach. To the right as you get off the tenders. And there are only about 20 of them. This is the smaller but nicer beach IMO. I agree with the above poster, that if you pay for the skybox you should have the better view

it's $8 per person, with "double occupancy" for each cabana.

Thanks for clarifying the pricing policy. I'm waitlisted for our sailing, but only selected 1 adult. I'll have to wait and see if I get one or not.

Kathy

Thanks so much!!!! Now my husband wants to know -- how to the keep people who didn't pay the skybox price out of them before we get there?

The cabanas are first in the collapsed/"retracted" position, bound by a giant cable tie. If you have one reserved, the ticket for it will be in your shorex ticket envelope delivered to your cabin. (In theory -- ours wasn't in the envelope so we just picked up duplicates from the Purser's desk.)

When you arrive at Princess Cays you show your shorex ticket to the attendent guy who cuts the giant cable tie and opens the cabana. Each one already has two loungers in place.

I have always preferred to go to the right because the beach is less crowded. While these are nice - they do seem like they will block other people's view. I think I would rather see them scattered through out then grouped together (though that would be a logistics nightmare).

Thank you so much for taking pictures of them.

Now I am confused about the price. I accidentally booked two cabanas before I realized they were for two people. I just got my docs and it shows two cabanas with a total price of $16.00. Doesn't that then mean they are $8.00 each and not per person?

Now I am confused about the price. I accidentally booked two cabanas before I realized they were for two people. I just got my docs and it shows two cabanas with a total price of $16.00. Doesn't that then mean they are $8.00 each and not per person?

I've never been that good at math but that's what I came up with initially, too! :D

It's set up incorrectly on the Princess website. You'll be charged $16 for the cabana -- $8 per person, double occupancy.

Hmmm... it's nice but I don't think I'd pay 8$ for that... I usually go on the beach on the right side and find a palmtree *lol*. Wonder if they survived the hurricane...

I think they must have imported some palm trees (replanted?) as there didn't appear to be any vegetation damage from the hurricanes. Kinda like Walt Disney World......very pristine looking!! :D So Melissa, you'll be able to find some shade.......it was just nice knowing we had it available to us without having to fight for the prime spots.......and really, it's quite a bargain compared to anything else you're spending that week! :) :)

But I am being charged $16.00 for two cabanas. If they charge $8.00 per person double occupancy and I have 2 cabanas, I should be charged $32.00. Right? I just figured since I booked 2 by mistake, that I will hand one off to the first nice person I meet on my cruise.

Archived