Opinions please! Considering Travel Insured International

momothree

Hi!

I'm looking at the Worldwide Trip Protector plan from Travel Insured International for a 12 day Baltic cruise this August. The price is right, but I'd love to know if anyone has had any personal experience with this policy (ie. collection problems). The dictum "You get what you pay for" is making me wonder what I am missing... We are a young family with no current medical concerns. I'd appreciate any insight/advice as to whether the policy is a good idea for us.

Thanks!

Leslie

The first time we ever purchased travel insurance was with Travel Insured International. During that cruise, I had to visit the ships' infirmary twice. The bill was over $500! :eek:

I made sure to get a copy of the ship's billings for the infirmary services and meds before we disembarked. I had to push a bit for them though. When we got home, I downloaded a claim form and submitted it along with a copy of the ship's billings.

About two weeks later, I received a check for the full amount. No hassle whatsoever.

We have used TII for every cruise since then. Thankfully, we have not had to submit any claims either. :)

The first time we ever purchased travel insurance was with Travel Insured International. During that cruise, I had to visit the ships' infirmary twice. The bill was over $500! :eek:

I made sure to get a copy of the ship's billings for the infirmary services and meds before we disembarked. I had to push a bit for them though. When we got home, I downloaded a claim form and submitted it along with a copy of the ship's billings.

About two weeks later, I received a check for the full amount. No hassle whatsoever.

We have used TII for every cruise since then. Thankfully, we have not had to submit any claims either. :)

Thanks, Bill, for your response. I'm sorry to hear about your need for the infirmary, but it is definitely reassuring that TII paid out without giving you any added headache!:)

Leslie

We use TI also and processed one claim when AA grounded their MD 80's and we had to fly one day earlier than planned to meet our cruise. TI paid the hotel bill without any problem. We're using them again for our Tahiti/Polynesian islands cruise this December. You never know what weather conditions could interrupt our plans at that time of the year but have confidence that TI will cover us.

Archived