Other shuttle services? FLL to MIA hotel

Cecilia V.

So, I now realize that SAS won't take us from the airport in Fort Lauderdale to our hotel near the Miami airport (Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon). Really do not want to deal with renting a car. The hotel says a cab ride will cost $85! And we still need to get to the port the next morning.

Any other suggestions? Other shuttles that would do this route that you recommend?

Thank you for any help.

what was their reasoning for not taking you there? from all appearances, their website says it'll take you to destinations in Miami (except for the MIA airport) as long as it originates in Fort lauderdale.

We were planning on using them for the same thing (FLL to Miami hotel near the port) so i'm curious as to why they won't take you. I'd hate to have to make other plans.

You could always rent a car. We're going to do that for the return trip and checked at car rental agencies. Budget car rental was SUPER inexpensive compared to the other agencies. We could go from FLL airport to one of Budget's Miami locations (near the port) for about $40 (only $30 the other way around from Miami to FLL airport). Not sure what the cost would be at the time you're going, but i'd check into that.

From what I've read, SAS will take you to a hotel near the port, but not near MIA.

We really don't want to deal with renting a car. I've contacted Quality Limo and we will probably book with them.

I used Quality Limo in April to get from FLL (airport) to POM....they were very good with e-mail responses and contacting me by phone to make sure I was at pick-up point at airport.

Hopefully they will be able to take you to your hotel.

I'd use them again...was very pleased :)

From what I've read, SAS will take you to a hotel near the port, but not near MIA.

We really don't want to deal with renting a car. I've contacted Quality Limo and we will probably book with them.

Have you tried emailing them to ask? I know they can't take people from a hotel within miami to POM, but between FLL and miami I thought they did offer transport.

SAS will not take us to our hotel in Coral Gables, and at first I wasn't interested in renting a car either but after doing some research it's actually very cost effective and is going to work out really well for us:D Good luck on figuring it out! I know it can be nerve wracking to get things in order in regards to transportation! It'll all work out:)

Thank you all for your help. I spoke with Steve at SAS, and, while they usually don't go out near Miami airport, he agreed to since our flight was in the early evening (which I guess isn't their busiest time).

Quality Limo also would have done it. But, they cost a little more, and I had read so many good things about SAS, I decided to go with them.

I appreciate all your responses. It can be so confusing trying to figure out all of these details!

Archived