NCL Dawn boarding time NYC

kruzkid

I have heard so many conflicting things, I don't know what to believe. what time does boarding usually start? I know that it ends at 2. What time would be best to get there? What time is rush our? How long does it usually take to board at these times? How would you prefer to get from the LGA Marriott, and how long would that take? Thanks in advance!

It's usually about a 45 minute ride from LaGuardia Airport into Manhattan. If you left around 9:00 am or so you would probably make it across town to the piers by around 10:00 am.

We have left from the west side piers on numerous occasions. We always get there at 11:00 am and are typically aboard the ship by noon. The cruise line wants to try and stagger the crowds so they tell people to get there at different times.

If you want to avoid the crowds and get aboard quick, get to the pier by 11:00 am. Once noon or later rolls around everyone and his brother gets there and the lines will move very slowly.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

The tip rate for New York City cab drivers is between 10 & 15%. On a $35 ride I'd tip about $7.

As far as porters at the pier, some people tip $5 per suitcase. I usually tip $10 we only have two suitcases and I want to be generous because it's important our luggage gets to the right location.

Jonathan

The tip rate for New York City cab drivers is between 10 & 15%. On a $35 ride I'd tip about $7.

As far as porters at the pier, some people tip $5 per suitcase. I usually tip $10 we only have two suitcases and I want to be generous because it's important our luggage gets to the right location.

Jonathan

Just my opinion, but I think you're undertipping the cabbies and overtipping the porters.

IMO, the taxi drivers should get 15-20%, and the porters $2 or so per bag...we actually tip the porter $5 for two bags.

Just my opinion, but I think you're undertipping the cabbies and overtipping the porters.

IMO, the taxi drivers should get 15-20%, and the porters $2 or so per bag...we actually tip the porter $5 for two bags.

I think you're undertipping the porters and over tipping the cabbies. I don't tip cows at all. :rolleyes:

Jonathan

I tip cabbies 15-20% and the porters $2 a bag but round up. The cab ride should be 45 min and be about 35-40 bucks plus tip. I usually get to the ship in NYC and Brooklyn at 11 or 1130 AM and there are quite a few people there but normally no one starts getting on the ship until about noon. Boarding doesn't end at 2 from what I recall. I would check again (I could be wrong though).

Archived