Same old ship layout

OP, you want to be lost, go on a Spirit class ship. Totally nonsensical layout.

You say that (and I know why you say that) but the Spirit class is by far the most favored of all Carnival classes of ships. So go figure.....:confused:

I love the Conquest class ships and have sailed on them 10 of my 20 cruises. I love feeling like I'm in my home town. I don't have to even think about where I am or which way to turn

Perhaps the OP should change classes of ship every time they cruise. At least there is a little bit of diversity between the 5 or 6 classes so they wouldn't be repeating themselves all that often unless they are prolific cruisers like LHP and family :p

I hear that from folks that have been in the Navy as well....

Wives talk about how it is almost impossible to get their Navy husbands back on a ship...

22 years in the Navy, 5 US Merchant Marine Academy at sea navigation instructor, and 5 live aboard cruising sailor. If I could I would live on a cruise ship and I would be a very happy camper. We had passengers several times when I was with the Merchant Academy fleet, basic but a good way to get from point A to B.

I agree with Traveler353. 21+ years in the Navy, the Saudi Arabian peninsula shy of being around the world on the surface, worked at sea as a civilian, been to 6 of the 7 continents and would go back to sea tomorrow if I could.

For me, it's the serenity of being at sea. It doesn't matter if it's the same as every other ship I've been on, I just want to be there.

I'm leaving my signature as my endorsement. And to the Navy guys who don't want to go back to sea, it's a whole lot different being there when you don't have to work. Of course, if you were sea sick when you were on active duty, then you may have a legitimate excuse.:eek: I knew one guy who started turning green when they said "single up all lines." I doubt he would take a cruise vacation.

Archived