2 Months to go before my Med Cruise

And my Meet and Mingle thread has really few posters. FWIU this particular cruise is quite heavily booked given a certain site, so I guess an overwhelming majority of the people who booked don't frequent Cruise Critic.

If this is true it may be even more warranted to avoid cruise sponsored shore excursions.

What do you think it could mean?

i dont think it means much-except that the other passengers are not frequenting CC-or that they are not Americans -we are doing back to back eastern and western med cruises in about a month-roll calls for both are sailings are very slow-we did find another couple to share our private tours on the eastern cruise-there is so much to cover in Kusadasi and Athens that i didnt want to use ships tours-else where we are pretty much DITY-but-we are a miliary family and have traveled alot.

On our Western Med trip 2 years ago, only about 25% were from the US. Alltogether, about 40% spoke English as a first language (US, Canada, GB, Aus, Etc).

More than likely, most of the passengers just don't frequent CC

:D Our roll call for eastern Med in November is extremely active, lots of people from all over the globe, including wiseguys, smarta**, comedians,etc. All ports organized with private tours, mostly 16, some as many as 24, and we are turning away recent joiners. Also organized happy hour and tapas crawl the night before in Barcelona.

Brilliance Nov 11

I'm afraid this is common for Med cruises. It does seem to be people from the US who sign up for Roll Calls. We cruised on Legend last year (from Civitavecchia) and had just enough people for a M&M - only 3 of us were from the UK, the others were American/Canadian and no other Europeans, despite the fact that there were more Europeans than US on the ship.

We have over 70 people on a roll call from Boston in October next year but only 8 people on our Voyager sailing in July this year and not even a roll call for our Adventure sailing in August :(

Archived