Flight advice

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with early flights out of Miami. I'm looking at a 10:45 flight after a cruise and I'm not sure if that's cutting it to close. Any thought would be appreciated.

Jay

Some may disagree but I wouldn't be comfortable with cutting that close..you never know what can happen..what if you're one of the lucky ones and get sidetracked through customs...:eek:..Would rather not have to switch to "Panic" mode after a nice relaxing cruise...

We book the earliest flight out of MIA that we can...never a problem. We're generally at the airport before 9am. And, we do NOT do "self-carry"...we tell the ship that we have an early flight, and we're in one of the 1st groups off the ship. No problem.

Take a cab....don't wait on a shuttle!

Most of the time you could make that flight, but there is some risk. I personally would opt for a flight that is a little later to build extra wiggle room in case the ship arrives late or a customs delay occurs, but it is not a crazy notion to opt for a 10:45 flight.

You would probably be okay, but I don't think I would try it. I've had a couple of cruises where we didn't get off the ship when expected. The only time I cruised from Miami someone called in a bomb threat to the cruise terminal. They had to shut things down for over 2 hours to bring in dogs and the bomb squad. Turned out to be a false alarm so we were allowed off the ship, but it was chaos in the terminal with people scrambling to get their luggage and catch cabs. We had a 1 PM flight so were able to make it to the airport with a little over an hour to spare. We also had a ship with thruster problems and arrived at the dock about an hour late. We were staying in Rome a few days after the cruise so it didn't affect us, but some people were anxious about their flights.

If you self disembark, you should be o.k. It usually begins around 7:00 a.m. You will be at the front of the custom's line, you will be at the front of the taxi line. Just make sure you are close to the front of the self disembark line.

Tucker in Texas

Ive done early flights too, but we self disembaked.

Archived