The bp oil spill in the gulf of mexico

do you think that any of the cruise lines including our favorite RCCL ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE OIL SPILL IN THE GULF OF MEXICO...I WAS WATCHING TV LAST NIGHT AFTER THE BALLGAME AND THEY WERE REPORTING THAT AS WE START TO GET CLOSER TO POSSIBLE HURRICANE SEASON THAT THE NATURAL TRADE WINDS ARE GOING TO START CHURNING SOUTH THEN NOTH AND THEY ARE EXPECTING SOME OF THE OIL SPILL TO START TRACKING SOUTH TO THE FLORIDA KEYS AND THEN UP NOTH ALONG THE FLORIDA COAST,,,I CAN;T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT THAT WOULD DO TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE SHIP OR POSSIBLY THE ENGINE SYSTEM...????????....I have nothing against BP Oil...but i hope they plan to pay for the entire clean up...before this throws them into bankruptcy...

I have kept my television on the news and local radio on the news radio.

It appears AT THE MOMENT that the top kill is working.

Now the bad news. There are so many millions of gallons of oil that have been spilled into the Fulf, it will be a very long time before it is cleaned up. The loop currents are already grabbing the underwater plumes and according to the news that there is a big one off Alabama. It the oil goes around Florida, the chips from Miami will have to alter course east of the spread.

The really bad news is if the oil starts to get into the SW pass of the Mississippi River, they will stop all river traffic going up river. this means the cruise ships docking in New Orleans will be able to sail out but may not be able to come back.

oil rigs should not be allowed unless contingency plans for these types of disasters were already in place. This is a complete joke. This is way worse then exxon valdez.

oil rigs should not be allowed unless contingency plans for these types of disasters were already in place. This is a complete joke. This is way worse then exxon valdez.

there were plans in place to stop oil leaks, unfortunately they all broke and no one fixed them, and one cost too much so never installed. They should have been able to easily turn it off when it blew if the things installed hadnt been broken and not fixed. .. sorry I dont know the correct terms, but I have been listening to the news like everyone else and hoping this gets fixed.

Someone commented about going out of New Orleans. Its already affecting that port. It takes like 8 hours to traverse the Mississippi river. The ship that left last weekend, didnt leave until 9 pm so that when it hit the mouth of the mississippi the sun would be up to steer around the oil. (this was Carnival Triumph).

What would a 133,000,000 gallon spill look like.

That's about the size of the Ixtoc spill in the Gulf of Mexico some 30 years ago. Actually, it was estimated at about 140 million gallons.

That's about the size of the Ixtoc spill in the Gulf of Mexico some 30 years ago. Actually, it was estimated at about 140 million gallons.

I forgot about PEMEX. Between that and Guadalajara, how about them for neighbors?

My point was, it happens and still they are not prepared.:mad:

As an Alaskan, I am heartsick about this spil. I am heart broken for the people suffering. We still feel the effects and now always will from the Exxon Valdez Oil spill.

The shock, the outrage, the feelings of helplessness. remembering washing birds with soap, seeing otters covered in oil. seeing a mama otter with her baby in the middle of her tummy and her flippers/paws over him protecting him will forever be burned in my mind. The mama otter died but her baby lived and was helped and washed off.

Its not about which oil spil is bigger or who was more effective. Its about putting resources to work and preventing more damage. I am so upset as I type this. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this. The animals, the people, the fragile ecosystems and all of it.

Adri

i am usually not a mean or god forbid bad or ugly person but someone's ass needs to be let go becuase of this and with the maganatude of this being so rediculously big i see BP going under and not paying the full bill and then the amercian populus left will the clean up bill...that damm rupture has been going for almost a month now...and it's still flowing out at an alarming rate...

i am usually not a mean or god forbid bad or ugly person but someone's ass needs to be let go becuase of this and with the maganatude of this being so rediculously big i see BP going under and not paying the full bill and then the amercian populus left will the clean up bill...that damm rupture has been going for almost a month now...and it's still flowing out at an alarming rate...

This will not sink BP. BP is a lot more than just an oil company. Having said that, they are already trying to position themselves at the courts in Houston. I do not think they will be able to get away with it.

As of the time of this writing, Obama is touring at Grand Isle, and the Chairman of BP (Weasel Boy) says that they are still trying the top kill procedure

some how i think this is going to be Obama's personal mission the next 3 yrs...to showe the american people that he will do what ever it will take to bring these oil compnaies down...IN MY OPINION WE SHOULD ALL BE BOYCOTTING BP STATIONS ACDROSS THE COUNTY...their prices are certainly not the best in the twin cities and i'll take my business elsewhere...

..IN MY OPINION WE SHOULD ALL BE BOYCOTTING BP STATIONS ACDROSS THE COUNTY...

That's a really smart idea.:rolleyes: Besides the people in the Gulf Coast states being hit financially, we should also punish the gas station owners and employees that make a living operating BP stations. How ever you could justify doing that is beyond me, but I guess we have to show those big, bad oil companies how we feel, regardless of the cost to the blameless.

Having said that, they are already trying to position themselves at the courts in Houston. I do not think they will be able to get away with it.

A whole lot of good that will do them. Venue for this incident and all subsequent damages has been appointed to the Eastern District of Louisiana, in New Orleans.

A whole lot of good that will do them. Venue for this incident and all subsequent damages has been appointed to the Eastern District of Louisiana, in New Orleans.

I am aware of that, however my buddy that works for EXXON says that the company HQ in Houston is trying to get things going in Houston.

I tend to think that this is not bad information.

BP will not stand a chance in LA courts. Federal or not.

BP will not stand a chance in LA courts. Federal or not.

They might be pushing for a venue change since they are headquarted in Houston. N.O. may not be impartial considering the circumstances. It would be an interesting argument.

They might be pushing for a venue change since they are headquarted in Houston. N.O. may not be impartial considering the circumstances. It would be an interesting argument.

You think ?!:rolleyes: I hope Texas still has judges like Roy Bean !:D

Archived