Princess luggage tags

psygist

People!!!! People!!! You do not have to turn this into a massive arts and crafts project!!! Just fold as directed put a clear strip of packing tape across the printing and staple. It is durable and holds without a problem. If you wait until the pier they have a stapler available. All this paying to laminate, heavy duty cardstock and photo paper is overkill.

Let's not major in minors.

Frankly, you don't need to bring the luggage tags at all. They have blank ones at the terminal which can be filled out and attached by personnel there.

But I agree with those that feel that the cruise lines, because all are doing this now, could simply add a dollar or two to the price and supply us with real tags. I don't feel that I should have to take a craft project to my departure destination. I feel the same way about airlines. Why don't they just assume that the vast majority of people carry luggage when they fly and raise the price accordingly.

we even just use regular scotch tape and put tags on luggage night before cruise, we dont want them lost on a flight;...tell you 1 thing if someone doesnt have a computer or printer access not so easy...

Someone on another thread suggested the "Badge Mates" (clear plastic holder with a punch at the top you can tie on with a plastic zip tie). You will have to trim the Princess baggage tag a little to fit. When you're debarking, just replace the one you came on with using the one they give you on board. When I read this idea I ran right out and got a package of 10 for $3.99 at Staples.

We used this method for our Bangkok to Alaska cruise, and it was fantastic. We showed it to our friends onboard and they plan to use this method as well.

You'll need a small scissor packed into your checked bag to remove the zip tie.

On our last cruise we forgot our luggage tags and thus, had to ask the man at the port taking luggage to issue us some - he was the funniest, nicest, most enjoyable fellow and we certainly are glad we forgot them-otherwise we would have never met him! So don''t worry about it, just do what you can, relax and enjoy! :)

People!!!! People!!! You do not have to turn this into a massive arts and crafts project!!! Just fold as directed put a clear strip of packing tape across the printing and staple. It is durable and holds without a problem. If you wait until the pier they have a stapler available. All this paying to laminate, heavy duty cardstock and photo paper is overkill.

Let's not major in minors.

I absolutely agree. Just print on ordinary paper and follow the instructions. They stay on just fine in my experience.

This seems to be much ado about nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am taking a DIY land vacation prior to my cruise so I'll need to attach my luggage tags in a hotel room and didn't want to bring scissors, stapler, and packaging tape. I found a new Scotch packinging tape in the store today that you can rip with your hands and not need scissors to cut it! It's also a nice smaller roll so it won't be a pain to bring with us. I plan to cover the luggage tags in the tape and then tape the ends together as well so I don't need a stapler.

Just wanted to share this with anyone else who many in the same situation.

Archived