"The MDR can BEST be described as ..."  

537 members have voted

1. 1. "The MDR can BEST be described as ..."

• Ruth's Chris / Maggiano's
    • Cheesecake Factory / Brio / PFChang
    • Olive Garden / Red Lobster / Tony Roma
    • Applebee's / Friday's / Chili's
    • Denny's / Sizzler / Big Boy

I've had a couple who disappeared about ten minutes before it started and then re-appeared looking relieved once it was over. The one flat-out told me he hates it, especially because he'd been groped by a passenger the cruise before. I know people enjoy it. I'm sure some of the servers enjoy it. I don't think a lot of people dedicate a ton of thought to it, but if they did, especially through some specific filters, I don't think they'd particularly like what they came up with.

You've talked to "a couple". I scoff.

Posh, piddle and pshaw..... that hardly compares to the ones I've talked to.... all 173,654 of them. :D

You've talked to "a couple". I scoff.

Posh' date=' piddle and pshaw..... that hardly compares to the ones I've talked to.... all 173,654 of them. :D[/quote']

They're all obviously lying in an attempt to get a cash tip instead of some sort of trinket from your hometown.

Dude, we're like 30 years past the Broad Street Bullies and the instigator rule. There hasn't been a single fight these Finals.

DUDE!!????

Shoot the thing with a .45.

Wouldn't the .45 be on Carnival's prohibited household goods list???

DUDE!!????

Yup, Dude. I call everyone "dude". Even my father.

Wouldn't the .45 be on Carnival's prohibited household goods list???

I got the new rumrunner just for fire arms. Makes it totally invisible to x-ray machines. It even comes with three magic beans.

Dude, we're like 30 years past the Broad Street Bullies and the instigator rule. There hasn't been a single fight these Finals.

SERIOUSLY! :eek:

Not to mention hardly any time spent in the penalty box

(are you even old enough to remember the Broad Street Bullies??? Do you rememeber the song, The Penalty Box??) :D

(are you even old enough to remember the Broad Street Bullies??? Do you rememeber the song, The Penalty Box??) :D

Speaking of "penalty boxes", I used to date a girl who had a .... uh.... never mind. :eek:

They didn't draw a single penalty in the first game and have been surprisingly disciplined ... even with Carcillo on the ice.

Nope, they won their last cup about 2.5 years before I was born. And I do remember the song Penalty Box. I heard Schultzie sing it at an NHL store fan event in NYC about a year and a half ago. My grandmother had it on vinyl.

This is really fantastic!

I now have two 10,000+ and two 5,000+ members chatting away on a off-topic topic, but they're keeping the thread alive -- and while the four of you have been posting throughout the day, another 50 people have voted in my little poll!

Keep the conversation going ... I'd love to top 500 voters!

This is really fantastic!

I now have two 10,000+ and two 5,000+ members chatting away on a off-topic topic, but they're keeping the thread alive -- and while the four of you have been posting throughout the day, another 50 people have voted in my little poll!

Keep the conversation going ... I'd love to top 500 voters!

I feel so used!!!!

Speaking of "penalty boxes"' date=' I used to date a girl who had a .... uh.... never mind. :eek:

I must confess I have no clue where you're going with that and I probably don't want to know.

My grandmother had it on vinyl.

Oh for pete's sake. :eek: :rolleyes: :p

We found ourselves in the same predicament -- endure the "show" and you get dessert. We tried a different strategy one evening -- arrived right on time, ordered fast, ate fast and we were out before the show began, but dinner felt very rushed.

We were always on time to dinner, but our waiter was so slow! He pretty much always served our table last, too. Not fun.

Dessert is NOT worth sitting thru that nonsense.

The entrees were not worth such nonsense. The Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (except for one night when it was cooked all the way through) was not something I was going to miss, though! (I even ate two of them one night. :o) According to others who tried the other desserts, none of them were worth anything. (My best friend always ordered a melting cake as well as another/other desserts 'cause she knew she'd have something to fall back on if/when the other desserts weren't good or edible.)

The entrees were not worth such nonsense. The Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (except for one night when it was cooked all the way through) was not something I was going to miss, though! (I even ate two of them one night. :o) According to others who tried the other desserts, none of them were worth anything. (My best friend always ordered a melting cake as well as another/other desserts 'cause she knew she'd have something to fall back on if/when the other desserts weren't good or edible.)

I would disagree with the Others. The Bitter and Blanc is quite good, as well as the Cappucino Pie. The diet Coconut Cake is also surprisingly good. Taste is so subjective though.

Inedible? My mind is boggled that someone could be such a picky eater that professionally-prepared food on a cruise ship would be called "inedible". :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Inedible? My mind is boggled that someone could be such a picky eater that professionally-prepared food on a cruise ship would be called "inedible". :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

The ONLY thing I've had onboard that I would truly say was inedible was their sugar-free pumpkin pie (I throw up a little just thinking about it). Otherwise, while I might not like something, it's still a heck of a lot better than shopping/cooking/cleaning up myself.

You have obviously never experienced the Fruit Cake Cup Cake. That truly was Satan's Off Creation.

I've had the very great privilege [and $70,000.00 plus annual expense account] of dining in top restaurants all over this country and all over the world.

I make no claims that any cruise ship fare is "fine dining." But Carnival and many others serve a meal that is far better than the vast proliferation of well known but mediocre restaurant chains dotting our landscape. And they do it in a banquet style setting.

Perhaps not the finest meal of your life, but neither is a wide and varied menu comprised of nothing but "inedibles!"

Anyone that cannot find a satisfying and pleasurable meal on a cruise ship needs to look at their own expectations, not the MDR's offerings.

For instance, IMO, MSC has the worst food on the seas. It took an effort on my part, but I did have a tolerable meal every night. Something was always 'edible!'

They're not picky eaters at all. The food really was pretty bad. I don't know if it is usually that way in that dining room/ship or if it was because it was the first cruise after drydock so had new employees or whatnot.

These are ppl who eat at any type of eatery and eat pretty much anything (one of them is opposed to eating veal, but she'll eat anything else). The desserts looked nice, but some of them were just bad. The entrees usually looked nice (not the fish that would be served skin-side-up), but some of them were bad, not cooked (raw fish - obviously that one also looked bad), tasted wrong (meat dish tasting like fish), etc. The lobster was what they said was the best one all week, I think.

They're not picky eaters at all. The food really was pretty bad. I don't know if it is usually that way in that dining room/ship or if it was because it was the first cruise after drydock so had new employees or whatnot.

These are ppl who eat at any type of eatery and eat pretty much anything (one of them is opposed to eating veal, but she'll eat anything else). The desserts looked nice, but some of them were just bad. The entrees usually looked nice (not the fish that would be served skin-side-up), but some of them were bad, not cooked (raw fish - obviously that one also looked bad), tasted wrong (meat dish tasting like fish), etc. The lobster was what they said was the best one all week, I think.

To be truly inedible, the food would not be able to be consumed by anyone on the ship. If you and your friends didn't care for something, then it might not be to your taste, but that doesn't make it inedible in the true sense of the word.

As for the visible fish skin, I think the fish skin is often the best part. :D

I've had the very great privilege [and $70,000.00 plus annual expense account] of dining in top restaurants all over this country and all over the world.

I make no claims that any cruise ship fare is "fine dining." But Carnival and many others serve a meal that is far better than the vast proliferation of well known but mediocre restaurant chains dotting our landscape. And they do it in a banquet style setting.

Perhaps not the finest meal of your life, but neither is a wide and varied menu comprised of nothing but "inedibles!"

Anyone that cannot find a satisfying and pleasurable meal on a cruise ship needs to look at their own expectations, not the MDR's offerings.

For instance, IMO, MSC has the worst food on the seas. It took an effort on my part, but I did have a tolerable meal every night. Something was always 'edible!'

Wow, that's pretty bad to automatically blame a whole group of ppl (five tables full [four 8-seaters and one 4-seater] of ppl from all across the U.S. and Canada) you know nothing about over a cruise ship you weren't on just 'cause you're a Carnival fanboy. These are NOT picky people and they do NOT have high expectations. Some of them can barely afford the lowest category of inside cabin; they definitely don't eat at fancy eateries or expect much out of the food. The food was actually bad on our particular cruise in our particular dining room.

I didn't say every single dish was inedible. I said a good number of them (including most of the desserts) were either inedible or tasted bad. My best friend, who will eat anything but veal, ordered several different entrees each night (after the first night) in case what she wanted wasn't good. She got to eat a pretty full amount of food each night except one or two, when she had to go to the Lido deck after to get a sandwich in order to not go hungry.

Archived