Cabin Assignments WHEN?

joanfred

Thanks to this thread, I just checked again and have a cabin assignment!!! I was checking obsessively for a while, and then life got in the way and I hadn't checked in a while.

We booked an inside gurantee and got an M in what looks to be a good midship location. I'm happy not to be in the janitor's closet in the engine room, as my husband predicted!

Glad to hear some cabin assignments are coming through. We leave this Sunday June 6th and still waiting for our guaranteed inside cabin!! Just checked and still no news. Icheck my email and HAL site "reservations" at least twice a day. I 've never read of anyone going to port and then being told sorry no room!!! I'll try to be patient. Wishing a great cruise to all.

Emily

Glad to hear some cabin assignments are coming through. We leave this Sunday June 6th and still waiting for our guaranteed inside cabin!! Just checked and still no news. Icheck my email and HAL site "reservations" at least twice a day. I 've never read of anyone going to port and then being told sorry no room!!! I'll try to be patient. Wishing a great cruise to all.

Emily

It's so hard when it gets this close....I've been there. Good luck and I hope the upgrade fairy visits:).

It's interesting to see how many of you still have not received cabin assignments and some are crusing very soon. Well, we have not received cabins either. We booked 3 o/v gtys. and leave 7/1. We booked a cruisetour on Statendam. We have booked gtys. on other cruiselines and have received our cabins very shortly after booking.

We have not received any info on tours, etc. other than what I have been able to look up online. I like to plan our tours ahead and especially w/ 6 of us traveling together.

We are flying into Fairbanks for the start of our cruise and board the ship 3 days later so hope we won't be in the dark til we get to Anchorage to board the ship.

We have not cruised HAL b4 and I hope that we won't be disappointed. I have read some negative reviews of the Statendam from recent cruisers so that is making me a bit nervous. I hope these reviews are wrong and it will be a positive experience on the Statendam. This is one reason why I hope we receive our cabin assignments so I can check out our location on the ship.

Good luck to everyone and happy cruising.

Mary

It's interesting to see how many of you still have not received cabin assignments and some are crusing very soon. Well, we have not received cabins either. We booked 3 o/v gtys. and leave 7/1. We booked a cruisetour on Statendam. We have booked gtys. on other cruiselines and have received our cabins very shortly after booking.

We have not received any info on tours, etc. other than what I have been able to look up online. I like to plan our tours ahead and especially w/ 6 of us traveling together.

We are flying into Fairbanks for the start of our cruise and board the ship 3 days later so hope we won't be in the dark til we get to Anchorage to board the ship.

We have not cruised HAL b4 and I hope that we won't be disappointed. I have read some negative reviews of the Statendam from recent cruisers so that is making me a bit nervous. I hope these reviews are wrong and it will be a positive experience on the Statendam. This is one reason why I hope we receive our cabin assignments so I can check out our location on the ship.

Good luck to everyone and happy cruising.

Mary

It's still pretty early to have a cabin assignment. I would think it would come sometime about 2 weeks out. It could be earlier or later.

Sailing this Sunday 6/6 and my cabin # finally assigned a while ago. We were inside guarantee for K and were moved up to a G with a porthole. Room seems a bit larger and my husband is delighted. I'm just releived to have a room but the location of the K's seemed better to me. Bermuda is only 1 sea day each way so I'm banking on 1 way being calm seas.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!!!!!!!

Sailing this Sunday 6/6 and my cabin # finally assigned a while ago. We were inside guarantee for K and were moved up to a G with a porthole. Room seems a bit larger and my husband is delighted. I'm just releived to have a room but the location of the K's seemed better to me. Bermuda is only 1 sea day each way so I'm banking on 1 way being calm seas.

Wow....that's a smokin' good upgrade. I imagine the K's are a better location but I'd rather have what you've got any day. It's been rare when I've been upgraded from and inside to outside so you did really well.

Congratulations on the upgrade!:)

We too sail on the 13th of June on the Oosterdam....and still no cabin assignment!!!!I too check a few times a day.I guess there are many of us

anxious to know where we will rest out heads!!!!!!!We booked a Suite category and can't wait to see where will be.:D

Holland 1997,2010

Princess 1994,1998,2009,2009

RCCL 1997,2001,2001,2002,2002,2004,2005,2007,2010 OASIS...WOW!!!

Celebrity 2005,2008,NOV2010

NCL 1999,1999,2001,2002,

Regent Seven Seas 2008

Carnival 2002

I am very grateful that he lets me live in his house!:D

And you SHOULD be. That is a great showing of Doxie benevolence!

All of us checking the HAL site 37 times a day, we will be lucky to not crash the server ;)

And you SHOULD be. That is a great showing of Doxie benevolence!

All of us checking the HAL site 37 times a day, we will be lucky to not crash the server ;)

I have already checked today, and I am still a month out...

This is curious, our cruise is almost completely sold out, maybe this would be a great time for cabin assignments!:rolleyes:

Log into the website, and proceed as though you were booking your exact cruise...

Once you get to room selection, you see what is available.

Now on an even weirder note, I went back to look at our cruise just now, and there is tons of availability. :confused:

We signed up just 5 days ago for this June 6 Bermuda cruise on the Veendam, opting for a Guarantee on an "N" level interior stateroom.

Visited the website today, the day before the cruise, and am very thankful to see our room assignment, as I did not want to go to check in at the pier and not know what room # to put on our luggage tags!

Not too much of an upgrade for us - from class "N" to class "I," still an interior stateroom. (And all the way at one end of the ship, not great for going out into the waves of the Atlantic!) But this is our first HAL cruise, so I wasn't expecting much either. :D

Our cabin seems to be one of the new cabins they added during dry dock last year. So my cabin is one of the "big butt" reasons we won't be able to dock in St. George!

So, you may well wait until the day before the cruise in some cases to see your assigned room, depending on the situation.

We signed up just 5 days ago for this June 6 Bermuda cruise on the Veendam, opting for a Guarantee on an "N" level interior stateroom.

Visited the website today, the day before the cruise, and am very thankful to see our room assignment, as I did not want to go to check in at the pier and not know what room # to put on our luggage tags!

Not too much of an upgrade for us - from class "N" to class "I," still an interior stateroom. (And all the way at one end of the ship, not great for going out into the waves of the Atlantic!) But this is our first HAL cruise, so I wasn't expecting much either. :D

Our cabin seems to be one of the new cabins they added during dry dock last year. So my cabin is one of the "big butt" reasons we won't be able to dock in St. George!

So, you may well wait until the day before the cruise in some cases to see your assigned room, depending on the situation.

Wow....I'm kinda surprised at some of the upgrades that people are thinking are not that great. I'd be thrilled if I got bumped from an N to an I. It's pretty rare to go from an inside to an outside. Last time I booked a K guarentee and got a K and I've got a lot of days with HAL.

I just don't see any difference between the "N" and "I" cabins except the deck they are on. I would love it if the cabins were larger or something, but on this ship, an inside cabin is pretty much an inside cabin, no matter where it's located. Plus, this one is completely aft and high up (Verandah Deck), so if we hit any rough seas on the way to Bermuda, we're pretty much screwed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I didn't expect much. (although when one signs up for a a "GUAR" cabin, one always has a twinkling of hope for the upgrade fairy to be really generous!). :D

The best was on Celebrity when we signed on for a low-end oceanview and got upgraded to a balcony. Now THAT'S an experience that's hard to top.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I didn't expect much. (although when one signs up for a a "GUAR" cabin, one always has a twinkling of hope for the upgrade fairy to be really generous!). :D

You moved up FIVE cabin categories. That IS really generous.

You could have been moved to an outside near the infirmary. The ones with a porthole. The ones that feel every single bump in the water, plus have the racket of the chains when the ship is anchoring.

Archived