A safe and happy memorial day holiday

I would like to wish all of my fellow cruise critic geeksters a safe and happy memorial day holiday weekend...give all of your loved ones a hug and a kiss adn tell them thanks...

Thanks for the safe wishes.

I want to say a special thanks to all of our Veterans and current servicemen/women who help keep the United States of America free. We are forever indebted to you for your brave service.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

Thanks for the safe wishes.

I want to say a special thanks to all of our Veterans and current servicemen/women who help keep the United States of America free. We are forever indebted to you for your brave service.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

Agreed.

Sorry, but "Happy Memorial Day" just doesn't make sense.

Maybe we have forgotten that Memorial Day is a time of reflection. We think back to the sacrifices that our veterans made on our behalf.

We remember that many servicemen and women never returned home to their families and loved ones.

No, there is nothing "Happy" about Memorial Day. Just my humble opinion!

Maybe we have forgotten that Memorial Day is a time of reflection. We think back to the sacrifices that our veterans made on our behalf.

We remember that many servicemen and women never returned home to their families and loved ones.

I respect your opinion, and your freedom to write your opinion, but I whole heartedly disagree with you. Memorial, formerly known as Decoration Day, is a time to reflect upon the fallen soldiers who helped make us what we are today. It's a day to fly your flag proudly, be thankful for what you have, and celebrate the lives of those who sacrificed for us. I can assure you one thing....my brothers and sisters who died in combat would not want us grieving today. They would want us celebrating. I just wish they were here to say it themselves.

This is for them:

2258457300080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I agree, that I why I wish people a Blessed Memorial Day. It is nice to have the three day weekend, and yes we where at a BBQ yesterday and were having fun, BUT, we always remember what this day is about. My Dad was a WWII Vet and my husband is a Vietnam Vet. We celebrate them, and those who served with them. And we pray for the families who lost a loved one. We Remember.

Have a Blessed Memorial Day

Irene

Archived