Non Suite Guest using Suite Facilites

GigCrusier

Should family and Friends of Guest in Suites be allowed suite benefits?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Should family and Friends of Guest in Suites be allowed suite benefits?

• Should non-suite guest be allowed Court yard benefits?
    • Sould non-Suite guest be allowed dining benefits?
    • Should non-Suite Guest found in the Court yard have to walk the plank?
    • Should non-suite guest eating at Cagneys have to wash dishes the remainder of the cruise?

Over and over... people ask if they might be able to access the Courtyard or other Suite perks because they know someone in Suite or they have family in a suite.

Voice your thoughts now and maybe this could be the last time we see this topic? NOT!!!!!

:cool:

I'm assuming that the first choice is that non-suite guests should not be allowed to use the Courtyard. It's really posed as more of a question without a place to say "yes or no". At least not that I could figure out.

My vote would be "no", they should not be allowed to use the CY if they are not in a suite with CY priveleges.

Where does one find out about all the lovely benefits that the suite passengers have. I am a lowly outside passenger and wasn't even aware that there were special benefits for those of the upper class.

I have to say no also. I would put that in the same catagory as a first class ticket on an airplane. Would you want 20 people from coach milling about because the "know" someone that is flying first class? No I have never been in first class or been in the Courtyard, but I wouldn't expect to unless I was supposed to be there.

Perks are for a reason. People pay good money or show loyalty for them. Otherwise just have one person book a good room with Courtyard privaliges and have 400 "friends" join you. Does that sound great!?! ;)

FROM NCL WEBSITE:

The Villas is the biggest suite complex at sea and includes an array of Suites and Villas on two private decks at the top of the ship. Hidden away and accessible only by private elevator, the secluded Courtyard Area boasts a private pool, two hot tubs, gym, saunas, sundeck, indoor/outdoor dining and a bar/nightclub. And, of course, the butler and concierge are there to cater to your every whim.

Courtyard Villa

• Sleeps up to 6 guests

• 46 available

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Combined living and dining area

• Two luxurious bathrooms with separate shower

• Queen-size bed

• Additional children’s bedroom

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

If I can have guests in my inside cabin without a problem, I don't understand why a person who books a suite should not be allowed to have guests. Is this a class system causing different opinions ?

It's not inside the cabin that is the problem. It is the courtyard that is causing a stir...

FROM NCL WEBSITE:

The Villas is the biggest suite complex at sea and includes an array of Suites and Villas on two private decks at the top of the ship. Hidden away and accessible only by private elevator, the secluded Courtyard Area boasts a private pool, two hot tubs, gym, saunas, sundeck, indoor/outdoor dining and a bar/nightclub. And, of course, the butler and concierge are there to cater to your every whim.

Courtyard Villa

• Sleeps up to 6 guests

• 46 available

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Combined living and dining area

• Two luxurious bathrooms with separate shower

• Queen-size bed

• Additional children’s bedroom

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

You might want to mention this is for the Epic. The Jewel Class DO NOT have 46 CV's. The Dawn Class do not have a courtyard.

If I can have guests in my inside cabin without a problem, I don't understand why a person who books a suite should not be allowed to have guests. Is this a class system causing different opinions ?

It isn't having guests that is the issue...it is those guests taking ammenities that are reserved for fare-paying suite guests.

Having your friends who are in an inside cabin up to your suite isn't a problem.

However...Your friends should not be using the private courtyard pool.

Your friends should not be eating their breakfast & lunch in Cagneys

Your friends should not be using the concierge for making dinner reservations

The airplane example is very good. If you are flying 1st class, and that gets you free drinks, it doesn't mean that your friends in coach also get free drinks.

Over and over... people ask if they might be able to access the Courtyard or other Suite perks because they know someone in Suite or they have family in a suite.

Voice your thoughts now and maybe this could be the last time we see this topic? NOT!!!!!

:cool:

Shouldn't the poll contain "yes" or "no" answers? :confused:

We once got the Cagney's for lunch/dinner perk 'gifted' to us by the Hotel Director of a ship. :) (we were not in a suite)

What if you (suite guest) want to have dinner with some non-suite guests and you need a reservation? Or you'd like to give them a quick tour of the courtyard but they don't stay or use anything, they just walk thru.

I think the above two items are ok, but anything more isn't.

What if you (suite guest) want to have dinner with some non-suite guests and you need a reservation? Or you'd like to give them a quick tour of the courtyard but they don't stay or use anything, they just walk thru.

I agree, I think this is fine. I think the real issue is that the CY is a small area and if every person booked in a suite with CY access used the CY at the same time there would be a lack of seats and this is for people who are allowed in the CY. If people start bringing in guests, then there really isn't enough room for the people who have paid extra for this perk.

It isn't having guests that is the issue...it is those guests taking ammenities that are reserved for fare-paying suite guests.

Having your friends who are in an inside cabin up to your suite isn't a problem.

However...Your friends should not be using the private courtyard pool.

Your friends should not be using the concierge for making dinner reservations

The airplane example is very good. If you are flying 1st class, and that gets you free drinks, it doesn't mean that your friends in coach also get free drinks.

I agree.

Not a very good poll.

My answer would be NO - a non-suite guest should not be allowed to use the suite amenities. People in suites paid A LOT extra for these amenities and should not have to share them with non-suite guest. I would make one exception - if NCL has decided that it wants to give a VERY FEW (say 10 or less per cruise) people VIP status and allow them to use Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, I don't think that's a bad idea (as long as this is reserved for VERY few people). It's a nice reward - say for someone who has cruised NCL 50 times or someone who is deserving of special compensation (for example the people in the cabins that were actually smashed by "the rogue wave"). However I don't think anyone not in a suite should be allowed in the Courtyard area.

BTW never travelled in a suite but would love to.

Those two seem fine.

I also think politely saying at Cagneys once on a slow day, "My spouse/suitemate can't come to lunch here today. Could I possibly bring my friend instead? If not, I totally understand."

You can have guests up to your cabin. The issue is allowing them to use common facilities reserved for suite guests.

I agree with others saying that if you haven't paid for the priviledge, you shouldn't use it.

"

Question for you and most everyone else here....I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying that someone in the position I was in, who was given suite priveleges to Cagney's by the Hotel Director, should have declined them???? :confused: :confused:

If this is just a poll asking whether it's OK for suite passengers to get more perks, (having a 'class system for lack of a better term) I must say I am all for it!! If you pay the money for a suite, you certainly deserve extra. And I wouldn't begrudge anyone those perks by any means.

(The poll question isn't very clear LOL!!)

BUT...I also wouldn't decline the privelege if it was gifted to me ;)

Question for you and most everyone else here....I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying that someone in the position I was in, who was given suite priveleges to Cagney's by the Hotel Director, should have declined them???? :confused: :confused:

No...not in the least.

What we are saying here is that if you were given Cagney's priveleges by the Hotel Director, that you do NOT have the right to give that privelege to someone else. The privelege would be extended to you...NOT to you and whomever you choose to bring along.

Archived