Differences in interior stateroom categories? On Freedom in particular.

I am currently booked in a category Q inside stateroom, on Freedom. Q is the lowest option, I know. :)

I am in 8511, all the way forward. I do like being on the higher decks, but I haven't been in a room that was not in the relative middle of the ship. However, they don't have any rooms in an area I like in the same category on other decks.

I was looking at the next step up, which seems to be N. It's only $10 more expensive per person, and I could get a room nearer the middle, like on deck seven. Something around room 7459.

What do you guys think? What is the difference between the two categories? It is it worth it to upgrade, or is it not?

I mean, I know it's only $10, but still, perhaps the room I have is a great one and I would be moving to a high-traffic area. :)

Any help would be appreciated!

The inside rooms are all pretty much the same (unless you get a family interior room, or a handicapped accessible room). The difference will be the location. Center of the ship and higher up will cost more, and be less susceptible to movement.

I would probably take 7459 just because 8511 is all the way forward and is on the corner of two passageways. We have been all the way aft and liked it because we had no hall traffic but I would be afraid of the wall my bed might be against being a passageway wall. 7459 is down an interior passageway that will only be used by people that are on that passageway for the most part.

The smaller blank space is most likely a linen closet or icemaker closet. The larger blank area is the service staircase and service elevator. I know they open to the corridor near 7680. I do not know if there is also a doorway to the corridor your cabin would be on.

If you are susceptible to seasickness, I suggest you get a room more midship. If not, then it really doesn't matter since all the inside are practically the same. I would probably upgrade to Category N for $10 since being midship will also mean you will be alittle closer to everything and it helps alot for feeling less motion.

Archived