Pizza?

Ok, so PLEASE forgive my naiveness. I completely misunderstood from the get-go. I thought that when you said you can order a "whole pie" you guys had been referring to desert! Which is why I was so shocked cause in my few cruises that I had been on, I never rememberd seeing slices of pie at the pizza station. :confused:

So, with that said, thanks for all that still offered up the pizza menu and again I apologize for the confusion!

I was thinkin you might have been confused, but didnt want to say anything..lol. First time I went to NYC and heard people talking about ordering a PIE, I also was thinking dessert.

BUT

If you see any slices of pie in the buffet area you can grab as many as you want :)

I was thinkin you might have been confused, but didnt want to say anything..lol. First time I went to NYC and heard people talking about ordering a PIE, I also was thinking dessert.

BUT

If you see any slices of pie in the buffet area you can grab as many as you want :)

Ahaha! Next time you even have the slightest feeling that I may be steered in the wrong direction feel free to bring me back! LOL. Thanks for sharing your story .. so I hopefully wasn't the first & won't be the last ;)

Why must everything be criticized here..only the person eating the pizza knows if it is better than what they had..:rolleyes:

True dat!:cool:

As far as I can tell it is the only pizza available on the ship so it does not matter how good the pizza is "back home on land".

Either you eat that pizza or you eat no pizza at all.

Why must everything be criticized here..only the person eating the pizza knows if it is better than what they had..:rolleyes:

I gave the op my opinion of the pizza. This is CC and I sure have the right give my opinion.

If you do not like my opinion not my problem.

You can also order a calzone and a ceasar salad. If you get the calzone, ask for some tomato sauce on the side.

The ceasar salads are the best I have ever had on any cruiseline... I usually take one back to the stateroom at night. The pizza's have slipped in quality over the years in my opinion.

The ceasar salads are the best I have ever had on any cruiseline...

That's funny, I say the same thing about their hamburgers, their hot dogs, their...., well, just about everything. I agree their pizza is not like what mom makes, but I still enjoy it!

I think the pizza has slipped in quality too.

I still tried to get the goat cheese pizza for a late night snack, don't know why but every time I stopped by - the pizza guy would say the same thing. We are out, it will be 15 minutes for me to get this type of pizza ready for you. It must be popular, I don't know why they don't just try to keep some on hand.

I still tried to get the goat cheese pizza for a late night snack, don't know why but every time I stopped by - the pizza guy would say the same thing. We are out, it will be 15 minutes for me to get this type of pizza ready for you. It must be popular, I don't know why they don't just try to keep some on hand.

If you have time to wait the 15 minutes it is worth it! Pizza is always better when it is just out of the oven!

Love the reviews on the pizza and look forward to trying it. Can you order whole pies to take back to the cabin? TIA

Oh yea...but why back to your room? One of the best times we had on any cruise was a spontaneous pool/pizza party. We put tables together had several pizzas and then the buckets of beer shorted showing up! It was awesome. Skipped a formal (oops cruise elegant night) for it. It was fantastic!!

Not in my book... I prefer to reheat pizza in a toaster oven after a day old... just tastes better to me !

Try this next time,

Put it in a non-stick pan on your cook top on med heat or so. Sometimes I use a like to help remelt the cheese. But not a requirement...

Best way I have found to rewarm leftover pizza.

The pizza and the calzones are pretty darned good. The pizza is especially good if you are looking to sop up excess alcohol. Yes, you can get a whole pizza and if they have the ingredients, they will customize it for you.

If you have any left over, cold pizza makes a wonderful breakfast. ;)

The menus are identical, except when in Alaska, I noticed Carnival Spirit added salmon pizza to the menu. I thought that was pretty tasty, too!

DSC00090.JPG

DSC00095.JPG

If you have time to wait the 15 minutes it is worth it! Pizza is always better when it is just out of the oven!

I know, it really is. But you know those late night jaunts to get a snack (hey, it might have been 2 whole hours since I last ate, lol) when you have one eye open from being tired & just want to go back to sleep - I usually just got a slice of whatever was ready.

Just my opinion, but DiGiorno and Freschetta are frozen pizzas and they're pretty D@** good. :-) I can't wait to have my late night pizza in one month!! :D

Absolutely! I must add Red Baron to the list though. As long as I use my pizza stone and cook them in the oven, frozen pizzas taste so much better than anything from a pizza place, which is double the cost. But that's just my opinion. And I really like the way Carnival makes their pizzas...not swimming in grease. I'm not sick for the next several hours after eating it.

I can tell you...no "ship pizza" is equal to that which you can buy in a real pizzaria on land!

Yes, you can get a whole pie.

Obviously, you haven't been on Princess. Princess pizza is better than most land based pizza. Only their small ships are a problem because they are not available 24 hours and don't turn over as fast so it is ready for anyone who likes it cold.

On the other hand, if they make it when you order it, it is fresh.

I like the calzones on Carnival and agree that you should order sauce on the side. The calzones are never ready either. They are baked fresh when ordered.

Great thread boys and girls. The pizza is just "meh" during the day, but it tastes damn good at 4am after a long night of drinking. I never thought enough to ask for a whole pie as there is hardly a line at that time of night and I don't mind getting up every few minutes to stretch the legs. Bringing some back to the cabin for breakfast is a great idea though.

Archived