Vision class ships vs. Voyager class

mndity

For one, the Vision class ships don't have the promanade. There were more snacks available on our Explorer cruise and we really enjoyed the sandwhiches at the cafe Promanade. Pizza is still available. When we were on Vision it was in the Solarium cafe. There is no Johnny Rockets or it's equivilent on Vision. There's no inline skating or ice skating on Vision.

As far as motion I really can't tell you what the difference might be. We had 15-18 ft waves on our Explorer cruise and felt plenty of motion. Our two Vision class cruises have been inside passage to Alaska so there wasn't a lot of wave action.

While there are not nearly as many amenities on the Vision class ships, I still would not hesitate to sail on one. In fact, we have the Enchanment booked for this coming December.

Hi,

I have cruised aboard two Voyager class ships (Voyager and Explorer) and two Vision class ships (Splendour and Vision) as well as a Radiance class ship (Serenade). Of course, the Vision class ships are not nearly as large as the Voyager ships and lack the Royal Promenade, ice skating rink, some of the dining options, etc. However, the Vision ships are well-designed and pleasant ships. In particular, I like the large windows that offer beautiful views from many of the public areas (something that the Voyager ships seem to lack).

Because the Vision ships are not nearly as large as the Voyager ships, they experience a larger degree of movement from the sea. However, I would not worry about the ship's movement. This is not usually a problem.

Incidentally, my next Royal Caribbean cruise is on another Vision class ship: Enchantment of the Seas. I am going to cruise aboard this ship in September (after it is lengthened and extensively refurbished).

Archived