I need HELP.......Proposel HELP

redfish1504

Where will you be cruising to???

I would pick one of the romantic destinations and do it at port when you are enjoying a beautiful view and sipping some wine. Or just do it when the moment feels right...I would imagine on a cruise, you will have many great moments when you might want to do it.

Hi,

How well do you know your girlfriend?

Is she the sort of girl who loves being the centre of attention or is she more of a private person?

I ask this because the waiters in the MDR usually gather around and sing to celebrate birthdays wedding aniverseries etc. in our area some tables joined in others clapped at the end. On our last cruise the whole area stopped to sing congratulations to an newly engaged couple as the champange corks popped. If you feel this is for her go and see the MD and tip well.

You could chose a specilist resturant and be a little more 'select' again visit the venue and ask for help.

If you have a balcony cabin ( and this would be my choice ) see your bulter/steward and arrange for dinner to be served on the balcony either before or afterwards depending on your taste. Remember to arrange flowers, champange etc before hand and a booking with the photographer as a keepsake might go down well.

Please remember this is a memory which will last a life time. If you are unsure ask her bestfriend ( if she is discreet. )

Hope all goes well.

You are already way ahead of the curve. My DH & I did not discover cruising until our 20th wedding anniversery. I can not imagine anything more romantic than a proposal on a cruise ship. I don't know your girlfriend, but my vote would be the balcony suggestion. Nice moonlit night, sailing on the seas, romantic music on your i-pod...Now I am excited for you. LOL

Some evenings they have a lecturer late at night after dinner who will take a small group up on deck to do 'star gazing'. Its part of the Celebrity Life Programe and will be listed in the Celebrity Today.

Why not approach the person who does this and ask if he would be so kind as to give you a private Star Gazing session, it would provide a lovely romantic setting. Or if you are feeling brave enough to do it with the others there. You will find that actually its usually only a very small group of people who attend anything from 6 to 15 or 20.

I would ask the CD once aboard.

On one of our recent cruises it was done in the theater just before a show--the girl "won" a bottle of champagne, went on stage, and said her boyfriend just disappeared; she thought maybe the bathroom. Well, there he came out onstage behind her. Was very nice. But once she said he had just mysteriously disappeared, I did figure it was a proposal.

Other ideas here are nice too.

Celebrity also do a Classic Romance Package - I think its about $48 This consists of a bottle of champagne on ice waiting in your cabin after dinner, rose petals on the bed and chocolate dipped strawberries. This would be a nice touch waiting for your girlfriend in the cabin.

Would your GF have any issues if you did it in public? Consider this before you do a public proposal. Her possible dislike to being the center of attention could have consequences.

Bob

Especially for you if she says no. :D:p

B.

I proposed to my (now) wife on Millenium about 9 years ago. I had made reservations to the Olympic restaurant and proposed during desert. I had debated having the staff more in on it and having the ring show up on a plate or something but didn't feel comfortable letting it out of my sight.

You could possibly do something with the hot glass show, they may even do something special with the glass I don't know.

A couple thoughts for you... Do it on a formal night so that pictures etc will be pretty cool and DO NOT check the ring through in any luggage, carry it onto the ship and to the safe. It might be tricky getting it into the safe without being seen and you may have to mention something to the security people when going through the metal detector if you carry it (not sure what impact a ring might have) but you don't want to worry about it going absent from the luggage.

If you are still unsure what you want to do when you get on board I would agree that the Guest Relations people or the concierge etc can probaly help.

Thanks for the ideas....

I was thinking of doing it as we pull out of fl lauderdale, and having a airplane pull a banner with WILL YOU MARRY ME on it, then having dinner in the steak house.

The problem is timing it all right.............

But any ideas are helpful

Background :

We love cruising this will be our 11th cruise in 3 years!!!

Im 24 she is 22

Make sure to put your names, or something pretty specific to the two of you, on the banner or there might be a few apologetic men and upset women on board with you. Not to mention the other ships.

And sorry about the FF typo on "probably" above.

I would go with a nice intimate dinner at Muranos and "pop" the question with bubbly during dessert. Then have the Romance package waiting for you when you return to the room. ( you can preorder before the cruise)

It will give it that extra special touch. You might what to preorder breakfast in bed too!

My older son proposed to his (now) wife in 2008 on an Alaskan cruise. He proposed on the balcony the first night of the cruise which was friday June 20, 2008. They were married Saturday June 20, 2009. He actually used our balcony, while we were at dinner because they had an inside cabin.

This past April, we were on a cruise with our youngest son. He proposed to his fiance on the second formal night of the cruise on the helicopter pad in the very front of the ship at sunset. As they walked back inside they saw one of the photography stations with a background of the front of the ship so they had their picture taken. Quite an engagement picture. No wedding date has been set yet.

28095_10150177670945109_862545108_12045470_2672801_s.jpg

DH proposed to me on a RCCL ship in the Viking Crown lounge at sunset. It was so sweet.

Rule #1 - make sure your future FI doesn't see this post. DH asked prior to ours, I found the post, voted in the poll, and promptly emailed him the link all without looking at the OP's screen name.

Though there are some interesting ideas in the thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=283221

Our son got engaged on Freedom of the Seas and it was amazing. We contacted the ships purser and they got us hooked up with a ship photographer. On formal night, I took my son's girlfriend to the spa, nails, hair, etc. We all got dressed for diner (formal night) and got ready for pictures. We went to the pre arranged photographer's post (all the details were cooked up when she was in the spa) and we first took a group shot and then he photographed my husband and I and then son and girlfriend. The photographer asked son to get down on his knee as if it was a pose and son say's "will you marry me" as he pulls the ring out of his pocket. She told him to stop joking around. And he started to wave the ring around and he said, no really...I have a ring and everything!! She said yes and the whole atrium many floors up started cheering. The video guy was there too and they were on the cruise video. The best part is that photographer took a bunch of photos and her face was priceless. I think she appreciated the moment being captured and it sure didn't hurt that she look stunning! When we walked into the MDR, everyone started cheering!! Good Luck to you.

If you are interested in prearranging anything, find someone on the boards a few sailing prior to get you an email address of a guest service person/purser on board, that way most of it can be done prior to arrival.

Archived