I will never, EVER cruise again to....

Tapi

Which port on Carnival's itineraries would you never, EVER want to visit again?  

762 members have voted

1. 1. Which port on Carnival's itineraries would you never, EVER want to visit again?

• Cozumel, Mexico
    • Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
    • Nassau, Bahamas
    • Ocho Rios, Jamaica
    • St. Maarten, NA
    • St. Thomas, USVI
    • San Juan, Puerto Rico
    • OTHER

I would have to martinque,me and my DW really don't like that place,it's nasty and the people are rude and they haggle you way too much about drug's.My DW felt really uncomfortable there,but if we had a cruise that went there we just wouldn't get off,we wouldn't let one little island get in the way of messing up a nice relaxing cruise.;)

I hate to use the never again line. But my wife and children and myself do not have a great or much interest in going to the Bahama's anymore. Key West is also been there done that kind of place for us. They are very touristy. The bahamas is really getting run down. That is from a cruise ship view or the ports they go to. I know there are a lot of Islands in the Bahamas out there that are great. My wife and her parents used to fly their plane to Cat Island and stay at a house to themselves and always loved that.

I voted for Jamaica - even though I have never been there. I have been to all the other islands mentioned and would go back to any of them. However, St. Martin and Grand Cayman are not on my "destinations list" any more. Nothing wrong with them, they just did not excite me, although the sting rays were fun in GC.

The reason I voted for Jamaica is the consistent negative reviews I read about that island. I find my self consistently steering myself away from cruises that include that port. I am sure I will end up there some day if I keep cruising the Caribbean & I may surprise myself and just love it!

Just to show how much different people see things differently - a few of my favorite ports in the Caribbean are places on other's "do not return list. Those include the Dominican Republic (loved our tour of the sugar cane fields!), San Juan for the fort, the rain forest and the beaches, Costa Maya for Majahaul, Belize for snorkeling and our all time favorite place is St. Thomas for St. John's, shopping and Sapphire Beach!!! DH wants to retire & have me work at the hospital in St. Thomas while he lies on Sapphire Beach all day soaking in the scenery, under a tree with an ice tea in hand. Like that is going to happen....:rolleyes:

I will never again cruise to Alaska. I had a great time on my trip, I liked all of my ports, but once was enough. I realized that I would much rather be in a tropical location. No more fleece, gloves, or hats on a cruise for me. I am glad that I got to experience it once though.

Ah...Alaska. My favorite place to cruise! :D It's heat in the Caribbean that just about kills me. So, now we're off to the Mexican Riviera in August! What am I thinking?!? LOL.

Thanks for this info, we have actually been looking at HAL for the Alaskan cruise tours. We just want to be able to spend more time in this beautiful state without feeling rushed "back to the ship or be left behind" lol

We feel the same as for Europe, ok I feel the same with Europe, my husband doesn't much care to go to Europe at all. But I really want to see Greece and Italy.

But for now we are soooooooo happy to get out of the cold and do some snorkling and shopping in the Carib. We love being on island time!!!

We both have busy, demanding jobs and the Carib is just laid back as can be.

Guess I was a little offended because it felt implied that the Carribean is somehow not as good as a Med cruise, just felt condescending you know?

Prolly just me.

Cheers anyway, Carole

My husband and I went to Alaska in June 2007 for two weeks, we did not cruise. After reading a great review of an Alaska cruise on this board I think we made a good choice. We did so many things that you can't do on a cruise and most of the things you could do from a cruise. It's something to think about.

I thought it was condescending too. A 7 day cruise in Europe would require at least two extra days for travel. Can't imagine going all that way and not staying several days before and after the cruise. But that's just me.

I've only cruised once and we stopped at Ocho Rios, I would go back but only if I was traveling without my children, I can handle teh offers for hookers, drugs and cabs but wouldnt want to expose my kids to any of that quite yet.

I think Linda on this thread came off as a total snob. I am 26, I'd love to cruise the Med or through the Baltic, it costs a lot of $$ and take a lot of planning, I don't have the funds or the time quite yet for a trip like that. Maybe when the kids are older.:rolleyes:

So far, there is no port that I've been to, that I wouldn't want to go to again. I've had only good experiences in every port that I've been to. However, there are definitely ports that I prefer over others. I do enjoy going to ports that I've been to before simply because I am familiar with them and already know my way around.

Funny....

After three times of being there I still love it....:cool:

I love Antigua too. One of the best beach days I've ever had was at Dickenson's Bay, Antigua. Beautiful weather, beautiful water, sand like powdered sugar, short cab ride from the ship, great Antiguan food at the Commissioner Grill, which was around the corner from the ship.

I said Ocho Rios, but like others if the price was right, etc.

I do wish Carnival regularly did a full canal transit and northern Europe.

2000 Imagination (First time cruisers wonderment)

2006 Holiday (Best cruise food for our 40th anniversary)

2007 Triumph (with Mother, sisterr, aunt, cousin, God-daughter)

2008 Destiny (from San Juan--an island a day cruise [Y][Y])

2009 Spirit (Alaska's cool, but I didn't need my winter clothes.)

6/12/2010 Triumph (with more family)

Cruisn' towards platinum and warm chocolate melting cake

I voted other. While we'd cruise to these locations again, we won't bother getting off the ship-Belize and Domnican Republic. Although right now, they both look better than Jamaica and Mexico lol. I have no interest in returning to the Mexican Riviera either-been there, done that.

This is surprizing to me. Belize has great snorkeling/diving/ruins/cave tubing.

Dominican Republic, if in Samana, has Los Haitises National Park, which is awesome.

for me never is a strong word, but i really do not care for belize. Was there last september and did the xunantunich tour. We are going back on the valor in april and dh and ds want to do cave tubing, so i'll go. Don't want to spoil their fun. We were not told to stay away from trees nor were our guides armed....is this recent?

we cruise to the caribbean for a couple reasons. We live in south florida, have 4 ports less than 3 hours away for us. Ds is still in school and a very busy boy during the summer, so we don't have time for an extensive family vacation. We are also divers and are attracted to the some of the worlds best diving. We were going to do alaska for his 8th grade graduation this year, but he has less than 2 weeks free out of 8 weeks of summer vacation and he does not want to do anything other than relax. DH and i feel funny about leaving the country while he is away so we are doing a land based couples vacation this year.

Archived