what happens if there are no other kids onboard?

foxesden1

so someone else post about no / few kids on board has be worried, we are doing a TA crossing next April, Miami to Barcelona on the Liberty of the Seas, RCCL

What happens to the kids club, if there are no kids or few kids?

Thanks!

(my DD will be 5)

They tie the sole kid up and throw him over as whale bait...but only for Alaska cruises... :D

Except for my last cruise..on a small luxury line..there have ALWAYS been at least a few kids on board, enough to do kid activities...

We did a two week Pacific crossing on Princess the week after Christmas/New Years a couple years ago - I was sure my girls would be the only ones on board, but there were about a dozen in each age group - enough for everyone to have a lot of fun. I think on any of the major family-friendly lines, there will always be kids. School breaks are different all over the country (and world) and there are so many home schooled kids - as well as kids like mine whose parents cruise when the prices are lower.

Best,

Mia

I really doubt that the poster, who is saying Adventure Ocean was closed, has her information correct. She saw no one in the teen area and saw no parade. Just because one person she asked said it was closed, it doesn't mean the whole program was closed for the week. The poster doesn't even have kids, they were just walking by.

so someone else post about no / few kids on board has be worried, we are doing a TA crossing next April, Miami to Barcelona on the Liberty of the Seas, RCCL

What happens to the kids club, if there are no kids or few kids?

Thanks!

(my DD will be 5)

On the Liberty of the Seas, I'm sure that there will be other kids you daughter's age. The H2O Zone is a kid magnet. Nonetheless, I've seen the kids club run with just three kids. The kids seemed to be having a lot of fun (so were the counselors).

We went on a transatlatic from southapmton to fort lauderdale last nov and i had similar fears beofre we went. There was only 100 kids on board and 60 of them were teenagers. Our DD age group 3-5 there was only 8 kids who seemed to go to the club, we couldn't get our DD out and they still ran the full program even when there only seemed to be a couple of them there they just joined them with the next group up and they had the run of the 2 rooms until there was more kids. I actually found it nicer as all the kids and the councellors got to know each other really well and often they would be a kids club reunion inn the H20 zone every lunchtime, also a lot of the odler kids knew my DD from kids club and she loved all teh extra attention she got from them when we were with her elsewhere on the ship. I wold think that particular cruise would def have more kids than we had as in europe a lot of peopl like to have holidays in april, also next year easter very late and the kids are having loads of time off in april so think april will be even more popular for parents who don't usually take they're kids out of school to do so.

We are going on a Mediterranean cruise in September on Brilliance of the Seas with our kids (aged 13 and 10). Because the school year has just started in the US and Europe we expect there to be few children on board. It is school vacation time in Australia at that time which is perfect for us. I contacted RCCL and they said that they would run kids activities even if there are only 2 kids on board. Our kids are not that fussed about how many other kids are on board bit it would be nice if there were at least a few others. Mind you they will get the kids pool to themselves if there aren't.

We are going on a Mediterranean cruise in September on Brilliance of the Seas with our kids (aged 13 and 10). Because the school year has just started in the US and Europe we expect there to be few children on board. It is school vacation time in Australia at that time which is perfect for us. I contacted RCCL and they said that they would run kids activities even if there are only 2 kids on board. Our kids are not that fussed about how many other kids are on board bit it would be nice if there were at least a few others. Mind you they will get the kids pool to themselves if there aren't.

Have you been on a Radiance class ship before? Your ten and thirteen year old are not going to have any interest in the "kids" pool. That pool is clearly intended for the pre-school crowd.

There is a family pool outside and the Solarium pool inside. The Solarium pool is for the adults. The Family pool is for everyone. So, I don't expect that they will be the only ones in the pool, though it is possible (I was on a cruise where there were only two kids (and me) in one of the general use pools. There were over 2000 people on the cruise.

Have you been on a Radiance class ship before? Your ten and thirteen year old are not going to have any interest in the "kids" pool. That pool is clearly intended for the pre-school crowd.

There is a family pool outside and the Solarium pool inside. The Solarium pool is for the adults. The Family pool is for everyone. So, I don't expect that they will be the only ones in the pool, though it is possible (I was on a cruise where there were only two kids (and me) in one of the general use pools. There were over 2000 people on the cruise.

No we haven't been on any cruise ship before. The family pool is the one they will use then.

Hi,

I've had the same concerns in regards to my up coming cruise (EPIC 9/11/2010). I'm bringing my 4 yr old twins and so far on the roll call there hasn't been a single person respond to me asking about bringing kids. I know most kids are back to school at this time, hoping for a few though. I was on a cruise about the same time of the year a couple years ago and there were many kids on board so I just assumed it would be the same this time. Anyway, if anyone is on this same cruise and bringing kids, GREAT!

No we haven't been on any cruise ship before. The family pool is the one they will use then.

This is from the Serenade, of the four Radiance class ships (as is the Brilliance).

This is the kids pool. The slide is not steep enough. About half of the kids needed to push themselves down the slide ...

Kidspool.jpg

This is the main pool ...

Poolfromlounge.jpg

Pooldeck-8.jpg

Pooldeck-6.jpg

And this is the Solarium ...

Solarium7.jpg

Solariumpool.jpg

Archived