SeaPass for kids?

I tried to search out the answer but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I hope someone has the answer.

I see on here that you can buy gift certificates for buying a cruise or to be used as OBC. Is it possible to buy gc's for my children to add to just their seapass card? I'd like to get them a small gc for their birthdays and Christmas so they will have a little "pocket money" (as my Mom would say) on the ship. I don't want them to be able to use their seapass for large amounts that would ultimately be charged to my account so is it possible to just give them a certain amount that is just "theirs"? My kids are only 11 and 6 so they don't need much but I want them to feel like they can buy something if they want.

Thanks in advance...

I tried to search out the answer but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I hope someone has the answer.

I see on here that you can buy gift certificates for buying a cruise or to be used as OBC. Is it possible to buy gc's for my children to add to just their seapass card? I'd like to get them a small gc for their birthdays and Christmas so they will have a little "pocket money" (as my Mom would say) on the ship. I don't want them to be able to use their seapass for large amounts that would ultimately be charged to my account so is it possible to just give them a certain amount that is just "theirs"? My kids are only 11 and 6 so they don't need much but I want them to feel like they can buy something if they want.

Thanks in advance...

Isn't that what OBC (on board credit) is for?

I am the OP and I guess I didn't word my question very well. I was just wondering if my children can each have a set limit on their seapasses that is independent of each other's and mine.

Ex: Can Little Billy have $100 on his seapass to use as he chooses and Little Molly also have a different $100 on hers and when it's gone, it's gone? Then if I (as the parent) want to add more $$ to theirs I can. I just don't want my kids to be able to buy whatever they want and then it goes onto my bill at the end of the cruise.

I hope I worded that better this time around...

Thanks again.

I think if you choose "cash" as the settlement method for the seapass, you can in fact do what you want. You can also probably do this at the guest services desk by breaking out the kid's cards and yours, settling theirs with cash and yours however you wish.

Personally I would be amazed if you can't just set a limit on a seapass card anyway.

Yes, you can put any amount on any kids sea pass you want....in person at checkin or over the phone in advance with a RCCL representative.

My parents always put an OBC on my daughters sea pass when she sails....with or with or without them.

You don't have to buy a "gift certificate" or OBC to do that...you can simply put the preferred amount on money on their "account" when you board...it's done all the time!

Thank you- that's good to know. I did want to buy them a GC for Christmas along with a few other 'cruise-esque' items just for fun. This is their first cruise and they will have had to wait a year for it by the time it finally gets here, so a little cruise-y gift a few months out would make them happy.

Yes you can set a limit on their seapass (with either cash or CC) but just make sure you check it daily.....my dd was able to overcharge on hers, just a few dollars so it wasn't the end of the world but a limit is a limit. It should have never happened (thank god she didn't buy any jewlery LOL). I straightened it out while onboard no problem.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Thank you- that's good to know. I did want to buy them a GC for Christmas along with a few other 'cruise-esque' items just for fun. This is their first cruise and they will have had to wait a year for it by the time it finally gets here, so a little cruise-y gift a few months out would make them happy.

Why don't you make up a fun certificate to give them? You can easily do that with stuff from a craft store. Or even just photoshop something together to print on the computer? Then when you are get on board put a limit on their seapass card. As a previous poster mentioned, check it daily to make sure all is ok.

Archived