please help if you are just off Serenade last week....

Can you please clarify info given to one of our traveling parties by RCI on the phone??

1- the rep stated only one formal night, not 2 since there is only one sea day

2- other than formal dress for formal night, other nights are all "caribbean casual" so shorts and/or jeans are fine- just no flip flops for dining room.

I've never called RCI before to inquire before a cruise so perhaps these were typical answers to ?'s I've always turned to the boards for....

anyone?

We are leaving tomorrow and would like to know since we've always gone by what RCI has done in the past, however, this is our first CARIBBEAN cruise. I know there have been thousands of opinions on dress, but this is the first I've heard coming from an RCI representative. :(

Can you please clarify info given to one of our traveling parties by RCI on the phone??

1- the rep stated only one formal night, not 2 since there is only one sea day

There are always 2 formal nights on a 7-night cruise.

2- other than formal dress for formal night, other nights are all "caribbean casual" so shorts and/or jeans are fine- just no flip flops for dining room.

It is requested that you not wear shorts in the dining room during the dinner hours. Jeans are OK.

I've never called RCI before to inquire before a cruise so perhaps these were typical answers to ?'s I've always turned to the boards for....

anyone?

We are leaving tomorrow and would like to know since we've always gone by what RCI has done in the past, however, this is our first CARIBBEAN cruise. I know there have been thousands of opinions on dress, but this is the first I've heard coming from an RCI representative. :(

If you call RCCL 5 times, you will get 5 different reps. and 5 different answers!! :(

It it's a 7 nighter, you'll have 2 formal evenings....it's not hard to throw on a suit or cocktail dress on a port day! No harder than slipping on slacks, capris or a skirt!

I agree!

It it's a 7 nighter, you'll have 2 formal evenings....it's not hard to throw on a suit or cocktail dress on a port day! No harder than slipping on slacks, capris or a skirt!

Oh, but it is hard for us ladies who have unruly, curly, frizzy hair! I usually have the late seating so I have time to blow dry my hair but this time around we have the early seating because we are bringing our 18 month old. I'm already stressing out about this (LOL-just kidding...although, I'm definitely not going to look my best:)

Nunk have an amazing cruise. I look forward to your review when you get back! I have always heard there are two formal nights..usually second night and second to last night I think?

Have fun!

Nunk have an amazing cruise. I look forward to your review when you get back! I have always heard there are two formal nights..usually second night and second to last night I think?

Have fun!

Thank you!! I'm so excited and will be sure to advise of our adventure once we return.:p

We were on the Serenade May 23-30. As the others have stated, there were two formal nights. That being said, the gentleman sitting next to me on the first formal night was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt without any apparent problems. And have a wonderful time! The Serenade is indeed a beautiful ship!

Archived