Inside cabin Zuiderdam so tiny.

maxmia

Aruba, your cabin is my absolute favourite inside for layout and space. It's very large! It was my first HAL cabin, and three adults found it roomy.

I like the location of the lower promenade deck J's even better, but wanted to let you know your cabin is a winner!

As for making it homey, I like flowers (bought in port). I often take a plastic vase that's collapsible, but sometimes I buy one with the flowers (or use a water or wine glass).

I agree with the OP. An L on a Vista ship is too small and poorly layed out. We have also been in a 139 sq ft cabin on princess and that was far better than the L class cabin that we had on the Westerdam. We once booked very late and the only thing available was an inside guarentee -- so to parrot DBA "thats what we paid for and thats what we got" They list the square footage (on line) as 170 to 200 sq ft. I'd list it more like 120 (and thats generous)

It probably felt like a 120, but I think it might be actually 143 sq feet which in my estimation is still a cracker box, especially if it has a poor layout.

When I first started cruising, I read that someone was upset by the small inside cabins on the Vista Class ships. Consequently, I was reluctant to try one of them. Ruth gave me a heads up about the LARGE Inside Staterooms on the Main Deck. We had one on a 32 day cruise and I liked it better than the Oceanview due to its layout (more floor space and wrap around couch) and shower.

I did some searching and I found a website that listed the inside staterooms from 143 to 207 sq ft. Most of what I found out on the internet says 170---but I have had a room that is 170 and I didn't feel that it was too small so I think 143 is probably what they are. Only way to be sure is to get HAL to confess to the smaller size.

http://www.nwas.com/ha/noordam/noordam.html

My large Inside J on the Main Deck was similar to the photo in the above link---not the layout drawing. An added feature for those who have had this stateroom and haven't discovered it---two large drawers at the end of the bed. One of our drawers swung open or I would never have discovered it.

We have sailed several times in K cabins on S class ships! Loved them. As a matter of fact we were in an HH on the Ryndam in May and hated it! Give me an inside anytime! When we book for the Panama Canal it will definitely be an inside cabine.

Sorry about your husband. Mine went through radiation last summer and is doing great, so tell your husband to "hang in there!"

I have visited in an L-cabin on the Noordam. Truly, there isn't room to change your mind. It is teeny-teeny-tiny. If there were a smaller font, I would have used it to describe the size of that cabin.

It's a shame when one person has paid extra for a cabin, yet can't use the second bed, as there isn't room to turn around when the beds are together. Two people in that cabin would have a terrible time.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the inside cabin lights were hooked up to a dimmer on a timer that woke you up to gradually increasing light? Or maybe they do. It sounds like a no-brainer to have installed.

Archived