Carnival Dream--Allure of the Cove

valancy1

To all those who've cruised on Carnival Dream and have stayed in a Cove balcony, would you care to expound on what you loved or didn't like about it?

I would love to know about the allure of these new cabin types... care to share?

Thanks in advance!

Just back from a Cove on Dream...

We loved the fact that the lifeboats above us protected us from the sun and kept the balcony cooler, loved the privacy that the more solid walls provided, and really enjoyed the fact that we were closer to the water. It was neat to feel a slight spray from the bow of the ship when we were underway. Also liked being located lower in the ship because we felt much less motion than on our typical balcony located higher up. Being lower was also nice on port days because we could shoot right down the stairs and off of the ship.

Didn't like the fact that the doors slammed when someone let go of them...all night long the doors around us slammed....:p But I don't think that's unique to the Cove. I'm sure that's all balcony doors on the ship that work like that.

Overall a big thumbs-up for the Cove balcony from these first time Carnival cruisers!!!

i dont like the fact that they are cheaper now everyone who tries 1 will want one making them much harder to get other than that they are great :p

They are already hard to get any ES price reductions on since they sell so well. Our upcoming cruise fluctuates between none left and two. Plenty of other cabins available but the coves are gone.

According to the published specs, a Cove Balcony is 45 sq ft and the standard balcony on the same ships is 35 sq ft.

There are balcony door slammers on Carnival no matter what type of balcony. At least with the Cove balcony, all the balconies are on one deck, so only door slammers to the left and/or right are potential problems.

With most standard balconies, they can be left and right, above (left, right, and center) and below (left, right, and center).

The same is true for noise in general, and smoke.

Oh my I fell in LOVE with the Cove balcony and would have one again in a heartbeat. I have had standard balconies in the past...Cove wins, hands down!

There is nothing like being soooo close to the water. The views are spectacular. I really need to organize my video and post it. While pictures are good, the video would totally sway you to booking one. :D

The balcony is deeper. So you have more leg room for stretching out. As far as doors banging. That is the nature of the balcony beast. Doesn't matter what kind of balcony you have. I was fortunate on my sailing. The people around us were not "slammers" and since there were lifeboats above it was very quite.

I am trying to figure out how I can afford to sail on the Dream again (due to my job and vacation time I can only sail during peak times) and snag a Cove. It will have to be as a solo since most of my friends aren't cruise lovers like me so that means it is gonna be EXPENSIVE! :mad:

Here are some pics from my Dream cruise~

Our Cove Cabin from the Pier:

DSCN1754.jpg

Celebrity Solstice Arrives in St. Marteen (Taken from our cabin#2288):

DSCN1708.jpg

The cove balconies are awesome! We got off the Dream a week ago - had 2 cove balconies - adjoining rooms. They are very private. You have lifeboats above you and nothing but WATER below you. Ours were very quiet because you didn't have people above or below you out on balconies.

We also liked how easy it was when getting on and off the ship. Being on deck 2 meant we only had to walk a few sets of stairs rather than waiting on elevators when getting back on the boat.

The balconies seemed a bit larger (deeper) than a regular balcony to me too. Rooms were spacious as well. We had a sofa and a refrigerator - plus a king bed.

I would book one of these again in a heartbeat!

I like the cove because:

it is closer to the water - splendid views at sea, fun to watch folks coming back to the ship, can hear the splashing nicely

it is very private - you can only see neighbors if you stick your head around the divider, or if you somehow peek thru the small gap between the storm doors and the wall

it is quiet - not near noisy lido decks or lanai

it is shaded - however, hubby wanted sun!

However, the view is not as expansive as a regular balcony, because you do have the metal framework. You can see the water from your cabin - but not quite so nicely.

P1110418b.jpg.d25aa1dae1f0b3b88349e18bfb4108d5.jpg

To all those who've cruised on Carnival Dream and have stayed in a Cove balcony, would you care to expound on what you loved or didn't like about it?

I would love to know about the allure of these new cabin types... care to share?

Thanks in advance!

You'll just have to come visit me and see one for yourself. :p

• 5 months later...

Archived