Live from the Ocean Princess Land of the Midnight Sun June 7 - 25

DonahCBrown

I have posted John's and my (somewhat idiosyncratic) review in the reviews section at:

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=69933

I hope someone finds it useful.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

As excellent review! I read and relived this fantastic cruise. I'm glad you made it home safely.

I'm adding a panorama shot of Tromsø from the top of the cable car. The view from up there was just stunning. I'm not sure which port was my favorite - each had their special "moments", although Murmansk had fewer moments than the others. ;) I don't think you got to the stave church at Borgund (when we were at Flåm). It was a "wow" moment for us. It turned into an "ow" moment for me when I tripped a sprained my ankle, but I think the photo I got was worth it.

1953172614_TromsPanorama.jpg.fd2531c073c1be75cf908796a0cb7b1e.jpg

142928002_BorgundStaveChurch.jpg.7cc5f6a200f0f681602c6899eb4d3564.jpg

I have posted John's and my (somewhat idiosyncratic) review in the reviews section at:

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=69933

I hope someone finds it useful.

Carolyn

Great review Carolyn. We too thought it was a great cruise and thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. Thanks much for the details of the hike in Dover. Now I know what we can do if we ever get back to Dover.

The Beautiful White Lady is in Nanortalik, Greenland today. The webcam has a beautiful picture of the harbor with icebergs and the mountains covered by the ice pack in the distance.

I wonder if Capt Servillo (on while Capt Ravera takes a break) is calling the Ocean Princess "The Beautiful White Lady" during his daily PA announcements. I've never met a Captain that loves his ship as much as Capt Ravera does. Of course I too miss The Beautiful White Lady my home away from home. We can't stay away from "her" so Ken and I, Donna, Dennis, Pia and Mike will be on board again along with Capt Ravera in Oct 2011.

I wonder if Capt Servillo (on while Capt Ravera takes a break) is calling the Ocean Princess "The Beautiful White Lady" during his daily PA announcements. I've never met a Captain that loves his ship as much as Capt Ravera does. Of course I too miss The Beautiful White Lady my home away from home. We can't stay away from "her" so Ken and I, Donna, Dennis, Pia and Mike will be on board again along with Capt Ravera in Oct 2011.

Yes, you will be following our footsteps. We go from Shanghai to Rome next April and May. I will probably do a live from to wet your appetite.

Yes, you will be following our footsteps. We go from Shanghai to Rome next April and May. I will probably do a live from to wet your appetite.

Will enjoy reading all about your cruise. I think we are trying to play tag on our cruises. I saw the thread where you booked the 28 day Australia in Sept 2011. We booked the 28 day plus the New Zealand 13 day for Feb/March 2011. Maybe one future cruise we will have the same dates.

I remember Capt. Servillo, on the '09 Amazon trip' always telling us the time from his 'Cartier Watch' !!

He was also the Capt. for the 2nd half of this years Pacific Princess World Cruise. He started out saying ' my expensive watch' then couldn't help himself, later - he started saying 'my Cartier watch' again.

He was just as much fun as before - always saw him around early afternoon.

Thanks, Donna, Tina & Carolyn, loved following your trip,

MaryAnn

I remember Capt. Servillo, on the '09 Amazon trip' always telling us the time from his 'Cartier Watch' !!

He was also the Capt. for the 2nd half of this years Pacific Princess World Cruise. He started out saying ' my expensive watch' then couldn't help himself, later - he started saying 'my Cartier watch' again.

He was just as much fun as before - always saw him around early afternoon.

Thanks, Donna, Tina & Carolyn, loved following your trip,

MaryAnn

Hi Mary Ann

How was the world cruise? If you can imagine anyone more personable than Capt Sevillo, it will be Capt Ravera. He loves to walk around during the day and evening and talk with you about anything but especially his ship. He had more bridge visits than you can imagine. We did 4 and on the 5th one I just sent Ken.

Will enjoy reading all about your cruise. I think we are trying to play tag on our cruises. I saw the thread where you booked the 28 day Australia in Sept 2011. We booked the 28 day plus the New Zealand 13 day for Feb/March 2011. Maybe one future cruise we will have the same dates.

Well good, I can read your Australian post as I plan out trip. About time we followed you. You followed us to the Amazon last year and we also did the TA on the Ocean last summer. :)

We were so glad we went on the World Cruise, super ! Alot of fun - people & staff, etc. I recommend it for all the great ports.

Next, tho' won't be until 2011 - Crown/ British Isles - May 7th.

All the best,

MaryAnn

Well good, I can read your Australian post as I plan out trip. About time we followed you. You followed us to the Amazon last year and we also did the TA on the Ocean last summer. :)

Will have to sweet talk Donna into doing a "live". I just pop in every now and then.

Have you thought about AU air flights yet? Any hints/tips.

I think you are just avoiding us. :D OK. You start the LIVE and I'll continue it.

Hi MaryAnn!

Wasn't that his "expensive Cartier watch"? That was a great cruise, wasn't it?

Carolyn

Hi, Carolyn & John, it was a great cruise - the Amazon was amazing and very interesting. Didn't think it would be - but happily surprised.

In 2012, we are doing a circumnavigation of South America & Antarctica on HAL Prinsendam including the Amazon again. Luckily, the Brazil visa and Yellow Fever shot are still valid !! After the grief getting the visa, I'm glad I can get more use out of it. !!!

Hope to see all of you again - on the sea, of course !

MaryAnn

PS, you got the quote right !!

Donna - I just read through this whole thing...you did a great job! I feel like I just relived the cruise. It was one of our best. We were surprised and delighted with the scenery and ports. Enjoyed it all - and playing trivia with you and Tina!

Hope to cruise with you all again soon!

Cheers, Dee

Archived