Coco Cay cabanas?

badgr17fan

There is a post about cabanas at Labadee, but does anyone know if there are cabanas for rent on Coco Cay? My wife is expecting, (yes I know the policy) this is our first so I'm going through the whole new dad expectations thing too. Anyways, don't think she wants to sit in the sun all day and was looking for our options. Are there many areas with abundant shade?

Thanks

I didn't see any cabanas for rent, but we got a cabana just fine. When you get on coco cay, they are over by the lighthouse. You get off the tender and head left to the snorkel beach and they are by the area that has the massages. I can't think of the name of it right now, but if I saw a map, I could. We got on one of the first tenders, and had no problem. We didn't see anyone else there for hours. Also, there were clamshells on that side as well if cabanas weren't available.

It did get a little hot, but overall they were wonderful. If you wanted to get in the water, you could just walk a few steps to the snorkeling beach. The only other people that came over were the ones taking pictures, but it was very quiet.

Enjoy and congratulations!

Last time we were there no one was using the cabanas. I don't know if they were too expensive or it just wasn't that hot but there is lots of shade to grab on CocoCay! We are always able to grab a chair under the trees and we aren't the first on the tenders. Cococay has got to be the most beautiful of private islands and so relaxing. Enjoy!

Last time we were there no one was using the cabanas. I don't know if they were too expensive or it just wasn't that hot but there is lots of shade to grab on CocoCay! We are always able to grab a chair under the trees and we aren't the first on the tenders. Cococay has got to be the most beautiful of private islands and so relaxing. Enjoy!

When we were there in December, the cabanas were free.

• 1 year later...
When we were there in December, the cabanas were free.

The cabanas are no longer for free. There is a charge now and you have to reserve them at the Explorations Desk on Deck 4. They will provide you with a document that you bring to the Island Oasis area entrance gate. At the private area's gate, they will issue you an wrist band and only passengers with the wrist band are allowed in that area.

There are plenty of trees and shade! No worries! And, you do NOT have to stay all day...come and go as you like.

No need to pay for a cabana....tree shade is free!

Some of us like to be outside, near the beach ALL day, but not in the direct sunlight. My DH has had melanoma, but he loves being at the beach. Also, having been pregnant before and at the beach, I understand exactly what the OP is asking.

Some of us like to be outside, near the beach ALL day, but not in the direct sunlight. My DH has had melanoma, but he loves being at the beach. Also, having been pregnant before and at the beach, I understand exactly what the OP is asking.

Pretty sure this is a non-issue for the OP now since the thread is from June 2010...somebody seems to be having fun pulling up old threads here lately...

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me, you shouldn't need a cabana rental if you are looking for some shade and quietness. The cabanas are at one end of the island, closest to viewing the ship out in the distance and near the rock wall. Not step right out to the beach kind of thing and it's right next door to the kiddie area.

Head over to the opposite end of the island past the buffet, past the volleyball courts, past the aqua park and you'll find lots of shady palm trees and plenty of hammocks and beach chairs. Heck, there's even a small little bar and a shack to rent a floating mat. We head there every time we go to CoCo Cay and have never been without a chair and some shade. Nice little uncrowded area. I love it there....good spot for taking pictures as well.

• 1 month later...

This thread was just what I was looking for - sort of...

I've found out that cabanas are available for rent, and that for $35 I can get the cabana, two mats, two loungers, and access to a private buffet... So my remaining question is how many people can share a cabana? Is it restricted to two people? If we book a cabana, can we invite other people to share the shade with us?

That is what I heard, go all the way to the right of the beach and pick a spot. more secluded and nicer beach, sand overall? But my kids want to snorkel and stuff, so we will surely be all over the beach! UGG I guess, this won't be such a relaxing trip, but Im used to it! And enjoy every minute with my kids. They grow up too fast and you won't get times back. Now The clam shells are 30.00 to rent.You can rent them on the ship and get the privilege of the first tender to the beach with that pass;) Have Fun!

Archived