Need Miami Hotel for Pre-Cruise Overnight

Purpleladi

Yes, there are some good looking prospects in near FLL. I was talking to DH and he asked that we stay in Miami. I went on to lastminutetravel and picked the Intercontinental for our pre/post cruise stays. It is more than I wanted to spend, but looks lovely. I called SAS and they will drop off at the Intercontinental. :D

Your husband will say thank you, I'm sure! Have a great time!!!

It looks like we won't be getting into Miami until around 7:30 which means we probably won't even get the hotel until 8:30ish. Since that is the case, does it make more sense to stay near the hotel or to go into downtown Miami anyway? If we should stay by the airport, then does anyone have hotel suggestions? Thanks again!

We are arriving in Miami a day early and would like any suggestions on Hotels in the area that are convenient to get to the Port of Miami the next morning and that aren't overly expensive. We would also appreciate any suggestions on restaurants or things to do or see close by.

My favorite is the Intercontinental and I then go visit the Bayside Marketplace ...

DCP_0042.jpg

About three blocks behind the camera is the Bayside Marketplace. To the right of the above picture is the free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

The pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

One of the rooms I stayed in ...

IC-1.jpg

The view out the window ...

Freedompan.jpg

And my favorite view, from the deck of the ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

we are on the carnival glory may 8 2011. looking for a park and stay deal.

Check stay123.com and they include free parking while on cruise, shuttle to port, shuttle to airport etc. You can request hotels close to port or airport, downtown, south beach etc. I thought the deals looked good. They show reviews. South beach is going to be higher. S.

Has anyone ever stayed at Best Western on the Bay Inn and Marina? It is suppose to be close to the Port of Miami as well.

In fact, it's about ten miles north of the port. I don't consider that "close."

Archived