Need Miami Hotel for Pre-Cruise Overnight

Purpleladi

We are arriving in Miami a day early and would like any suggestions on Hotels in the area that are convenient to get to the Port of Miami the next morning and that aren't overly expensive. We would also appreciate any suggestions on restaurants or things to do or see close by.

I am staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay which is downtown Miami. It's only 5 minutes from the port. I named my own price on p----l--- ! Sorry I can't put it on here, but I think you can figure it out. ;) I think I put in Miami downtown three and a half star hotel and this is what I got. I know they also have the intercontinental because I've stayed there before. It is very close to bayside Marketpalce and close to the port as well. Hope this helps you.

We are arriving in Miami a day early and would like any suggestions on Hotels in the area that are convenient to get to the Port of Miami the next morning and that aren't overly expensive. We would also appreciate any suggestions on restaurants or things to do or see close by.

The two closest to touristy Bayside Mall (which is full of restaurants and a few small shops right on the water) are the Holiday Inn- port of Miami on Biscayne Blvd. (across the street) and the Intercontinental (on Chopin) which is a block away. The IC is a much nicer property. Both are only a $10.00 cab ride from the port. You can see the ships lined up at either location.

While at Bayside you can pick up a water tour of the Miami Beach area. If you have a full day and evening in Miami head down to S. Beach area to experince the "vibe".:)

Since you don't say when you are traveling ...the pricing can vary hugely at any Miami area hotels. What do you mean by "overly expensive"? If we knew your budget we can lead you in the right direction.

I am staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay which is downtown Miami. It's only 5 minutes from the port. I named my own price on p----l--- ! Sorry I can't put it on here, but I think you can figure it out. ;) I think I put in Miami downtown three and a half star hotel and this is what I got. I know they also have the intercontinental because I've stayed there before. It is very close to bayside Marketpalce and close to the port as well. Hope this helps you.

??

Yes, you can say www.Priceline.com

To the OP, South Beach is a much more pleasant place than downtown. Take a look at The South Seas and The Doubletree Surfcomber.

It depends upon what time of day you arrive and what you want to do. Arriving early and want to see the beach, great dining and nightlife - then go to South Beach; warning, it can get pricey over there in a hurry.:eek:

Arriving late and just want dinner and a clean, safe room?:confused: Look for a hotel near MIA with free airport shuttle in the blue Lagoon area, then cab to POM the next morning for about $25+ tip.

You can get some great deals on downtown hotels depending upon the time of year and what else is going on in Miami. A cab to most downtown hotels is about $25 and another $10 to get to POM the next morning.

Give the board members some more information about your budget, travel dates, and desires and we'll try to steer you to some place that you will enjoy. Good luck!:)

arrived later and stayed at the Hampton Inn-Blue Lagoon which was right across the street from some dining (highly recommend the Chinese place) and also there was a Publix grocery store and liquor store. on the corner CVS and Walgreens....$10pp shuttle to the port in the morn--sign up when you check in.

arrived earlier and stayed at the HI POM (HH pts) and had a top floor room lookout to BAYSIDE across the street and could see some ships...very COOL:cool:...ate at Bubba Gumps over at BAYSIDE, shopped and ENJOYED our evening...quick $10 cab ride in the morn to the port.

would STAY at both of these places again:)

We just booked a room at the Intercontinental at Biscayne Bay. It's apparently only a five-minute trip to POM. If you search 5-star hotels in Downtown Miami through lastminutetravel.com you might be able to get it at a great discount. We're traveling in Oct and we got a great price. It says its across the street from the Bayside Marketplace with lots of shops and restaurants.

Check parksleepfly.com for cruise parking deals. Most will be out near MIA; Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is often mentioned on these boards. Shopping and dining options across the street - Casa Juan was great for Cuban food. :D Be sure to figure the cost of getting to the port ($10 per person for shuttle service or just under $30 for a cab) and back to your car in your budget. Good luck!:)

Give the board members some more information about your budget, travel dates, and desires and we'll try to steer you to some place that you will enjoy. Good luck!:)

We will be going in November and don't want to spend over $200 for the night, if possible. I think we prefer to stay near the POM rather than near the airport or inbetween. We'll be arriving around 7, so we would just be looking for dinner and maybe someplace close by to walk around.

I saw in another thread a few people mentioned Biscayne Bay Marriott, Interncontinental and Tempo. Does anyone have information on whether these are convenient and/or have transportation to the POM? I know we can always take a cab too.

The Marriott and Doubletree Biscayne bay are often suggested on these boards - view of the cruise port from some rooms is a plus!:D A cab to either from MIA will run about $25, and another $10 to POM in the morning. The dining room/bar in the lobby of the Doubletree is good. Good luck!:)

I would check to see if there is a deal at the Epic. Awesome hotel and very convenient to the port. We stayed here before our cruise a few weeks back, and its likely to be the only place we stay in Miami in the future...

I can also recommend the Intercontinental. I got it for $87 on lastminute travel dot com. (great price!!) Just do a search for downtown Miami, 5 stars and it will be the first one to pop up. You can't beat that deal for a 5 star hotel. It's right on Biscayne Bay, across from the bayside market place and you can see the cruise ships come in right out your window. As others have said it's a short cab right from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port.

Here's the website for the Intercontinental so you can see how beautiful it is.

http://www.icmiamihotel.com/

I also got the Eden Roc post cruise for $100 on priceline (December 19), bidding Miami Beach.

Most hotels in Miami charge a parking fee of $30 to $35 (daily parking). I'm not sure which ones offer park n fly options.

arrived later and stayed at the Hampton Inn-Blue Lagoon which was right across the street from some dining (highly recommend the Chinese place) and also there was a Publix grocery store and liquor store. on the corner CVS and Walgreens....$10pp shuttle to the port in the morn--sign up when you check in.

arrived earlier and stayed at the HI POM (HH pts) and had a top floor room lookout to BAYSIDE across the street and could see some ships...very COOL:cool:...ate at Bubba Gumps over at BAYSIDE, shopped and ENJOYED our evening...quick $10 cab ride in the morn to the port.

would STAY at both of these places again:)

Is there a place (walking distance) around HI POM to buy soda, wine, water to bring on the ship:confused:

Is there a place (walking distance) around HI POM to buy soda, wine, water to bring on the ship:confused:

There's a CVS right on Biscayne Blvd....go right as you walk out of the hotel.

Thank you for posting the info on lastminutetravel.com I just booked the Intercontinental for total of $100.87

Their website is $299 for the lowest price room....good savings!

Now to figure out how Im getting from FLL airport to the hotel... we dont land until 830 at night...

Has anyone stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Arts Health District? If so please share your thoughts of the hotel. I think I got a killer deal at $103 plus tax, for approx. $120ish. This is for my cruise in Feb '11. I heard the hotel is not in the best of locations, but it is not far from the port either.

Thank you for posting the info on lastminutetravel.com I just booked the Intercontinental for total of $100.87

Their website is $299 for the lowest price room....good savings!

Now to figure out how Im getting from FLL airport to the hotel... we dont land until 830 at night...

SAS (www.ridesas.com) is often suggested on these boards for shuttle service from FLL - typical fare is $15 per person + tip. A cab to POM in the morning will run you about $10-12. Good luck!:)

Any comments about the J.W. Marriot Miami? Has anyone stayed there before a cruise? It looks on the map pretty far away from the port with other buildings in the way so no view of the ships. We are looking at April 2011. Thank you for any info you can share.

Hey Stone,

We're flying into FLL at 8:30pm as well for our trip in October. We're looking at the intercontinental. Were you able to book SAS travel for shuttle service from FLL to the Intercontinental? I was reading the SAS website and it says they'll transport people from FLL to the POM. Will they drop you off at a Miami area hotel instead of the POM?

Will SAS pick up at a Miami Hotel and drop you off at FLL?

Question to everyone: Are there any clean and safe hotels in the Miami area that can be had for about $65?

Hey Stone,

We're flying into FLL at 8:30pm as well for our trip in October. We're looking at the intercontinental. Were you able to book SAS travel for shuttle service from FLL to the Intercontinental? I was reading the SAS website and it says they'll transport people from FLL to the POM. Will they drop you off at a Miami area hotel instead of the POM?

Will SAS pick up at a Miami Hotel and drop you off at FLL?

Question to everyone: Are there any clean and safe hotels in the Miami area that can be had for about $65?

I answered on your other post, but see you added more info here. You're in a much better situation.

You aren't arriving into FLL until late. Most people will spend the night in Fort L. as one of many 3 star properties nearer the airport that include shuttle service from the airport. They most often include a continental breakfast. Look at the Hyatt Place airport north. (or south) IF you pay over $65...generally around $80, what you save on transfers and breakfast will make it up. Plus you will be near stores, restuarants etc. There are many FLL airport hotels mentioned on recent threads. You will get much more for your money by doing it this way. ;)

You won't find ANY decent hotel downtown in Miami for your budget...at least none that would be in a safe area.:eek:

ridesas.com will answer your question on what they charge for what you need as far as shuttles and pick ups.

I answered on your other post, but see you added more info here. You're in a much better situation.

You aren't arriving into FLL until late. Most people will spend the night in Fort L. as one of many 3 star properties nearer the airport that include shuttle service from the airport. They most often include a continental breakfast. Look at the Hyatt Place airport north. (or south) IF you pay over $65...generally around $80, what you save on transfers and breakfast will make it up. Plus you will be near stores, restuarants etc. There are many FLL airport hotels mentioned on recent threads. You will get much more for your money by doing it this way. ;)

You won't find ANY decent hotel downtown in Miami for your budget...at least none that would be in a safe area.:eek:

ridesas.com will answer your question on what they charge for what you need as far as shuttles and pick ups.

Yes, there are some good looking prospects in near FLL. I was talking to DH and he asked that we stay in Miami. I went on to lastminutetravel and picked the Intercontinental for our pre/post cruise stays. It is more than I wanted to spend, but looks lovely. I called SAS and they will drop off at the Intercontinental. :D

Archived