Has NCL lost its mind?

Lulley766

Just be glad they're not banjos. My husband wants to bring one everytime we go on vacation. Last cruise I told him if he brought his banjo, it would be fishfood.

If you bring your banjo, I will bring my bagpipes. That would be quite a duet.

DON

If you bring your banjo, I will bring my bagpipes. That would be quite a duet.

DON

One of my most treasured memories of a cruise was on Princess, and we heard the faint music of bagpipes, so I went out the door to the rear deck, and a fellow was out there playing the pipes. BEAUTIFUL !! I propped the door open so I could hear better, and asked him if he was going to do it again. Every morning, I woke up to the great sounds !!!

The beautiful, now defunct NCL Dream had these wonderful aft decks that our group loved to hang out on. We met a guitar player (I wish I could remember his name - he brought his own accoustic) that kept us greatly entertained until the rest of the ship discovered our secret spot!

Even though the ship was very small compared to the new behomoths - it is one of my most memorable cruises!

It looks like Gibson and NCL have partnered with Line 6 a company that manufactures guitar effects and preamps. Everyone can relax. The guitar plugs into a box (pod) and so do the headphones. There is no external speaker. It will probably look something like this:

http://line6.com/pocketpod/

Here's a link to a story on it:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4933-Charlotte-Cruise-Ships-Examiner~y2010m6d3-Gibson-Guitar-experience-now-available-on-the-Norwegian-Epic

Being a guitarist, it sounds like a cool idea to me. I would pay $10.00 a day to practice and jam away on my balcony while watching the waves and at the same time not disturbing anyone. IMO, it's much better than listening to somebody else's lame acoustic guitar playing while I'm trying to relax. Also I wouldn't have to lug a guitar with me. Sounds like they may have something here.

It looks like Gibson and NCL have partnered with Line 6 a company that manufactures guitar effects and preamps. Everyone can relax. The guitar plugs into a box (pod) and so do the headphones. There is no external speaker. It will probably look something like this:

http://line6.com/pocketpod/

Here's a link to a story on it:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4933-Charlotte-Cruise-Ships-Examiner~y2010m6d3-Gibson-Guitar-experience-now-available-on-the-Norwegian-Epic

Being a guitarist, it sounds like a cool idea to me. I would pay $10.00 a day to practice and jam away on my balcony while watching the waves and at the same time not disturbing anyone. IMO, it's much better than listening to somebody else's lame acoustic guitar playing while I'm trying to relax. Also I wouldn't have to lug a guitar with me. Sounds like they may have something here.

That won't stop the biggest noise pollution problem, though, which is really back singers wailing away with their headphones on while they play their guitar.

And now for Cruise Critic Trivia...

Can you name the singer/guitar player?

AND DO NOT GOOGLE THE ANSWER, CHEATERS!

DANG.....I know that and can't pull it out of my brain right now....not Googling but looking at the video again.:p

That won't stop the biggest noise pollution problem, though, which is really back singers wailing away with their headphones on while they play their guitar.

There's always going to be somebody that screws it up for the rest of us....that goes without saying. Just hope that there's not too many wannabe Neil Diamond's or Celine Dion's.:eek:

There's always going to be somebody that screws it up for the rest of us....that goes without saying. Just hope that there's not too many wannabe Neil Diamond's or Celine Dion's.:eek:

As someone that has worked in the music industry, you will be amazed with people that think they can sing, but in reality are fingernails on the chalkboard horrible.

And now for Cruise Critic Trivia...

Can you name the singer/guitar player?

AND DO NOT GOOGLE THE ANSWER, CHEATERS!

He looks like a young Kevin Kline to me, and I might believe that a young Kevin Kline would sound like that. But so far as I know, Kevin Kline isn't a songwriter, least of all for Tootsie.

He looks like a young Kevin Kline to me, and I might believe that a young Kevin Kline would sound like that. But so far as I know, Kevin Kline isn't a songwriter, least of all for Tootsie.

Nope...Not Kevin Kline.

He appeared in another John Landis movie, The Blues Brothers, as the 'charming trooper' who breaks his watch during the mall chase.

As I have said before, I don't think Kevin Sheehan knows what his target market is or has a clue what is really important to cruisers.

I suggest that Kevin Sheehan knows exactly what his target market is, for this ship.

Where I think several people are confused, is that they have been excluded from the group.

Prada, Gucci, Chanel, Armani...have all made multi-billion dollar businesses appealing to the well-heeled 16 - 45 crowd who in some cases spend more than they earn, just to be seen in the right place, wearing the right brand.

These people are the ones behind the "bottle service" at expensive nightclubs, and are the ones who are depicted ever so subtly in the EPIC Brochures.

I don't see a lot of canes, walkers or scooters in the brochure, nor any CPAP machines in the cabins, nor any oxygen tanks being wheeled around.

It looks like a new cutting-edge ship aimed at a distinctly younger crowd than is traditional cruising.

now there are a LOT of very fun grandparents, and they'll enjoy EPIC too....but generally if you don't think there's a market....it's just that you aren't it!

C'mon...turn down that NOISE (but dad, it's the Beatles.... )

I don't see a lot of canes, walkers or scooters in the brochure, nor any CPAP machines in the cabins, nor any oxygen tanks being wheeled around.

Not that you are wrong, but I've never seen walkers, canes or scooters in ANY ad that wasn't for a cane, walker or scooter!;)

Archived