Home from the Serenade

Mitch, we missed the late night buffet, too! We tried to order a Bistro Burger from room service one night. It's on the menu. Here's the side of the conversation I heard...my husband was ordering:

DH: I'd like 2 bistro burgers, cheese plate, cookies...

No, a bistro burger. No, not a hamburger, a bistro burger...

No, I want a bistro burger...

Finally he gave up and ordered a couple of sandwiches. It was hilarious.

Yea, I know, that's why I put in my story too because I was on that same cruise and thought it would be better-rounded to add other points of view. Dominica WAS quite poverty-stricken as well, but I don't think I noticed it as much because there seemed to be more natural areas than "city" areas; whereas on Curacao I feel like all we saw were civilized areas dotted with a few picturesque photo spots.

It's always good to get other opinions. I appreciate your including yours.

In curacao, driving to the hotel where we got on the boat, it was pretty. Of course on the boat going out you see the island in a different way and it is pretty. I just hate it rained because I was really looking forward to this part of our tour.

You are right, once you get out of the city part of Dominica, it's a beautiful island as well. Heck, they're all beautiful! I love them all.

Mitch, we missed the late night buffet, too! We tried to order a Bistro Burger from room service one night. It's on the menu. Here's the side of the conversation I heard...my husband was ordering:

DH: I'd like 2 bistro burgers, cheese plate, cookies...

No, a bistro burger. No, not a hamburger, a bistro burger...

No, I want a bistro burger...

Finally he gave up and ordered a couple of sandwiches. It was hilarious.

That is very funny. Language is always an issue with cruising.

Mitch.......

That is very funny. Language is always an issue with cruising.

Mitch.......

So true...it was funny to hear his side of the conversation, though. The bistro burger sounded so good and I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, maybe next time.

I did a canoe trip around the coastline of curacao once and it was breathtaking. If you're ever in the port again, try to see it from another angle!

Sounds interesting...I'm not that brave, though! I'm sure it was beautiful. I love to see the islands from the water, but too chicken for a canoe trip.

Archived