luggage tags

jackjoyus

One thing you might consider doing is putting some type of protector over them to make sure they don't get ripped doff. Any stationary store will have the stuff that will easily protect the tags.....:):):)

Bob

Just print off your tags, and cover them with some type of wide clear tape (packing tape does a great job and usually most have a roll somewhere around the house) no need to go to the expense of purchasing special covers or tag attachments, and attach them to your bags. No big problem at all and very easy!

I found in my office I had a pack of full sheet (8.5x11) labels (Avery #05265) and printed a tag to test durability.

The label backing is perforated to peel off at a 45 degree angle to the page. If you cut off the "fold over" part of the tag (along the lines that say "do not cut") and then release only the top and bottom but not the middle third of the adhesive backing, you have a very strong tag that sitcks to itself and is reinforced around the handle. It is as strong as an airline baggage tag.

I put it on an empty suitcase and was actually able to pick up the bag by the tag without it tearing.

You can also print extra tags and stick them right on the bag itself.

No need to laminate, punch holes, tape or staple, just bring them with you and before you get to the pier, put them on. I wouldn't try to fly with the tags on, they may either get destroyed in the handling process or the barcode or other information on the tag may cause your bags to be sent on the wrong plane.

I found in my office I had a pack of full sheet (8.5x11) labels (Avery #05265) and printed a tag to test durability.

The label backing is perforated to peel off at a 45 degree angle to the page. If you cut off the "fold over" part of the tag (along the lines that say "do not cut") and then release only the top and bottom but not the middle third of the adhesive backing, you have a very strong tag that sitcks to itself and is reinforced around the handle. It is as strong as an airline baggage tag.

I put it on an empty suitcase and was actually able to pick up the bag by the tag without it tearing.

You can also print extra tags and stick them right on the bag itself.

No need to laminate, punch holes, tape or staple, just bring them with you and before you get to the pier, put them on. I wouldn't try to fly with the tags on, they may either get destroyed in the handling process or the barcode or other information on the tag may cause your bags to be sent on the wrong plane.

So what you are saying is that you may get your suitcase handle with a tag attached to it delivered to your cabin? :eek:

Archived