Century questions

sailorgirl

We've never sailed Celebrity before (we've been on Crystal, Princess, Radisson and Cunard). Booking a Sky Suite on Sport Deck 12. Is this a better deck to be on than Penthouse Deck which has quite a few sky suites? Is vibration or noise a problem? Are there lounge chairs on the verandah (as opposed to regular chairs)? And now on to the dining room. One reason I haven't sailed Celebrity before is that we like to dine alone when we want. Is it difficult to get a table for two in the main dining room? I think everything else looks pretty darn nice but these are big issues for us. We're looking at a sailing next November. Thanks for any input!

Hi:) I am getting ready to sail Century for the 3rd time next month...I cannot wait:D she is my favorite ship!

I have always had your basic inside cabin...or a regular window, so I cannot address your Suite question.

As for eating when you want.........Century has one main dining room and 2 seatings. Main and Late.

If you prefer to eat at different times than offered, you can try "alternative dining". It is not a specialty restaurant as the M-class ships have, but a smaller area called the "Sky Bar". You do need to make a reservation and a 2.00 gratuity is suggested. Or there is room service too.

I would say to try the Dining room though......the name of it is "THE GRAND" and it is a Grand Room. Very beautiful. If you want an idea of what it looks like, click on my photos below.

Are you booking through a TA or directly with the cruiseline? IF with a TA, tell them you want a duece and what time you prefer....early or late. I will make the same suggestion if you book with Celebrity.

To make sure your request is accepted I would go see the Maitr'd after you board. They usually tty accomodate requests as best they can.

Enjoy your cruise:)

We just sailed on the Century Jan 22 and had a Sky Suite on the Sports deck. The balcony is HUGE. There were three of us in the suite and we had three lounge chairs, three regular chairs and table which was big enough for us all to enjoy a huge breakfast every morning. There was still plenty of room to move around. It was heavenly!

Toni

As Toni said, SS on the Sports Deck are the best. I met Toni on CC back in June of last year and we finally met on Jan 22nd. What a treat. We have become very dear friends and will continue our friendship for years, I am sure. Both of us, first time on Century. It needs a bit of work, but I heard they are going to go to drydock sometime this summer in Europe. The balcony was very good sized and you will be very happy.

We like it so much we have booked her again for April 2006 for a 10 day, going to some places we have never been. We are not positive we can do it, but the SS on the Sports Deck go quickly, so when I called Celebrity, the great sales woman (I am in sales myself) talked me into booking it now. We can always cancel with a full refund a few months down the road. I hope it doesn't happen.

We loved it and I know Toni and her family were happy. The food and service were fabulous.

Patti (PJ)

Was just in 1206 last week, and have been twice previously. Gtreat cabin! Say hello to Shawn the cabin attendant and Paul the butler from the Taylors - you're in for a treat with those two gentlemen. They were SUPER!.

There will be 2 regular and 2 deck chairs plus a large table on the veranda. The Sky deck suites have the huge verandas - the Penthouse deck (10) "sky suites" do not. They used to be called just "suites" until some genius in marketing decided to change the name last year. The Sky deck suites are the true Sky suites - accept no imitation!

Have your TA request a table for 2, then when you get on board, take the card with your table number on it down to the Rendevous lounge during posted hours (usually something like 3:30-5:30) and have the assistant maitre d' check it. If it's not a deuce, ask politely if there's one available. Table assignments are all computerized now, so they can check quickly. Even if there's nothing the first night, check again the 2nd. We had a deuce (table 535) which is in a row of about 6, and the first night 2 tables were empty. The second night, one was still empty. The third night, 2 of the tables that had been occupied were now empty because the 2 couples hit it off and found a table for 4 instead. Those tables remained empty the rest of the week because apparently nobody asked for them after the first 2 nights. Persistence helps.

Suite passengers usually get first dibs on small tables, but as a last resort you can eat in the Sky Bar as previously mentioned. The menu isn't the same as in the Grand Restaurant (it's simpler) but they do have lots of tables for 2.

The service on Century was the best we've experienced in 3 trips - you'll have a great time! Cheers,

Kirsten

We were in 1212 last year and loved it. The veranda was wonderful and we had breakfast served there every morning. What a wonderful way to start the day! I spent many an afternoon reading (and napping) out there too. You're going to have a wonderful time. I wish I was going with you.;)

Garry

Be careful to avoid the suite nearest the basketball courts. I can't recall if it is next to or underneath the court. Anyway, some people I know were in it and were a little less than thrilled that people were playing basketball really really late (and also really really early).

The main restaurant on the Century is quite pretty, especially at lunch when all the window drapes are open to the sea. The view out the stern windows is amazing. So, make it a point to eat lunch in the main restaurant at least once!

You are much better off having a Sky Suite on the Sport Deck than a Sky Suite on the Penthouse deck, because your veranda is much larger. We are always in a Royal Suite on the Penthouse deck, and the Sky suites are sort of scruntch in - with veranda which are as wide as your Sky Suite, but limited in depth to those of the Royal Suites. The only downside is that your veranda on the Sport Deck is partially open to those pax on the deck above - and on the Penthouse deck are very private.

You will have butler service, so if you wish to dine en suite, you do not have to order off the room service menu, but rather you can order right off of the dining room menu.

Archived