Epic on the move!!

Ok, gotcha. That's what I was trying to figure out.

Oh that was great. I had to leave to go pick up the hubbys car and came back and she's out there now. woo hoo!!! Go baby go! This is exciting! :D

Now, can anyone tell me info on how long the sea trial is? Does she just go out and come back in after awhile?

Not sure how long it will take but she'll do speed trials, turns (listing) etc. A whole bunch of tests.

She is due back at the shipyard on Sunday afternoon (French time)

So how many of you are going to spend the weekend on the Marine Traffic web site? :p

I can tell already it is going to be a real productive day at work Friday for many CC Epic fans. :rolleyes:

From Mer et Marine this morning (Google Translation): http://www.meretmarine.com/article.cfm?id=113431

The Norwegian Epic ready for its second sea trials

25846.jpg

The Norwegian steamer Epic

Credits: BERNARD Biger - STX SA FRANCE CRUISE

11/06/2010

Less than one week of delivery to the U.S. company NCL, the ship Norwegian Epic must be off Saint-Nazaire this morning. After an initial series of sea trials in February, the ship will carry up to Sunday night (or Monday morning following the schedule and the weather), a second campaign between Belle-Ile and Ile d'Yeu . On this occasion, propulsion or safety systems will be tested. With an asynchronous electric drive with diesel engines including six (3x15 MW and 3x12 MW), the Norwegian Epic will, in particular, reach its maximum speed, scheduled to be 23 knots.

Biggest cruise ship in the history of shipyards in Saint-Nazaire, the Norwegian Epic has 2114 cabins. It measures 326 meters long and displays a tonnage 153,000 tons. STX France must deliver the ship to NCL June 17 After an initial presentation to the European market from June 19 to 21 in Rotterdam, the vessel must win to be unveiled at Southampton British professionals. Then he set sail June 24 to set sail for New York, where he will be baptized July 2 at the end of his first major cruise.

From Mer et Marine this morning (Google Translation): http://www.meretmarine.com/article.cfm?id=113431

The Norwegian Epic ready for its second sea trials

25846.jpg

The Norwegian steamer Epic

Credits: BERNARD Biger - STX SA FRANCE CRUISE

11/06/2010

Less than one week of delivery to the U.S. company NCL, the ship Norwegian Epic must be off Saint-Nazaire this morning. After an initial series of sea trials in February, the ship will carry up to Sunday night (or Monday morning following the schedule and the weather), a second campaign between Belle-Ile and Ile d'Yeu . On this occasion, propulsion or safety systems will be tested. With an asynchronous electric drive with diesel engines including six (3x15 MW and 3x12 MW), the Norwegian Epic will, in particular, reach its maximum speed, scheduled to be 23 knots.

Biggest cruise ship in the history of shipyards in Saint-Nazaire, the Norwegian Epic has 2114 cabins. It measures 326 meters long and displays a tonnage 153,000 tons. STX France must deliver the ship to NCL June 17 After an initial presentation to the European market from June 19 to 21 in Rotterdam, the vessel must win to be unveiled at Southampton British professionals. Then he set sail June 24 to set sail for New York, where he will be baptized July 2 at the end of his first major cruise.

Thanks for the info. But the translation cracks me up.:D

'must win to be unveiled' :p

'baptized' :eek:

:D

What a morning I'm having !!!!

Due to our uk time difference all of this happened whilst I was in bed.

Not only does the World cup start today, but EPIC is off and moving:)

Lets hope they know who the arsonist is, and they are dumping them overboard as we speak:eek:

I have put the link into my phone so I can keep checking on her trials all weekend.

Today is a good day !!!!!!

She's showing as stopped right now at about 8:30pst. Maybe she's catching her breath after those high speed runs. :) You can see where those happened down at the lower left corner. She exceeded 23kts for a good period of time.

trials3-vi.jpg

Archived