Epic on the move!!

I just saw the picture and tracking... with everything that has happened, I almost want to cry... seems like it's really going to be hapenning now! Can wait. One week from now at this time, I'll be at the airport waiting for our flight to London..then onto the ship from there... can't wait!

It's been awhile since I've actually "seen" the "boat" on the map and it looks like it hasn't moved for awhile now. Does that mean they have the radars off or something?

Either they have turned off the transmitter (for whatever reason) or she is out of range (of the receivers on-shore)

I just saw the picture and tracking... with everything that has happened, I almost want to cry... seems like it's really going to be hapenning now! Can wait. One week from now at this time, I'll be at the airport waiting for our flight to London..then onto the ship from there... can't wait!

Two days for us! Can barely contain our excitement.:D

... And we'll be on her a week on Monday as on the 1 nighter from Rotterdam to Southampton!!! :D

Really can't wait now - a little glimpse before our 2 week B2B next easter!!!

And best bit is DH doesn't know! it's a surprise- don't tell him will you ;)

will make sure there are lots of photos and video footage!

Went out for breakfast and I lost the Epic on my marinetraffic dot com

Can someone please post me an updated link so I can see what she's up to?

One of my kids asked if she sunk! Hope not, they want to go bowling and rock climbing on her nest year!

Went out for breakfast and I lost the Epic on my marinetraffic dot com

Can someone please post me an updated link so I can see what she's up to?

One of my kids asked if she sunk! Hope not, they want to go bowling and rock climbing on her nest year!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=311018500&centerx=-2.188832&centery=47.28401

But the Epic has not updated in a while.

[quote name=The Klev;24792389

One of my kids asked if she sunk! Hope not' date=' they want to go bowling and rock climbing on her nest year![/quote]

My husband has never been on a cruise and he is completely freaked out.

I started watching her on the radar right before she was pulling out and watched her half the night. Then yesterday she "fell off radar" (or turned it off)...my husband was relieved and said that she had sunk and he wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. :eek: :rolleyes:

My husband has never been on a cruise and he is completely freaked out.

I started watching her on the radar right before she was pulling out and watched her half the night. Then yesterday she "fell off radar" (or turned it off)...my husband was relieved and said that she had sunk and he wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. :eek: :rolleyes:

My husband had never cruised before our Carnival cruise last Christmas and he was petrified to go on the trip. He did OK, but it was tough for him. I'm on the upcoming TA and he is totally freaked out about me going and being in the middle of the Atlantic (he can't go because of work)! I've reassured him hundreds of times that NCL has (I'm certain) safety equipment out the wazzoo and this is NOT another Titanic but he just doesn't believe it. It's nice to be loved but I wish I could calm him down!

Yea, all mine does it talk about...the Titanic, hurricanes, loosing luggage, the boat sinking, it being 9/11...the list goes on. I'm sure he's worried about no internet-(he's a business owner and relies heavily on his internet sales, so it will kill him to be away for a week).

He stated the sinking part yesterday, I told him, well you know planes do crash too. He said, but if our plane crashed, you would probably die upon impact and not know it. If the ship sank, it would be a long slow death of waiting for it to sink and then spending hours in the cold water (Titanic again). LOL geesh. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to get him on this boat so he'll see just how much fun it's going to be and want to take more. :D

Mitsugirly and Erdoran,

I am going to prescribe a large 190 Octane dacquiri for both of your DHs!:) It sounds like they need it!

Excited to see the Epic rocking and rolling at sea,

I may need one too...just to deal with him and his fears. :eek:

Mine was absolutely miserable for the first three days of our cruise. The least little thing would set him off! I finally decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. We were on a rain forest excursion in San Juan and I completely ignored him, walked away from him at every stop, and refused to discuss what was the matter. When we got back he started again and I intentionally stormed out of the room and slammed the door (after I gave him a piece of my mind!). He came & found me a while later and apologized and was a lot better after that.

For hubby & Internet, tell him to get a Verizon global phone with international data plan. For NO MORE $$$$$ he can use it on global mode over 3G to get Internet. It will be very slow & frustrating, but better than nothing!

For hubby & Internet, tell him to get a Verizon global phone with international data plan. For NO MORE $$$$$ he can use it on global mode over 3G to get Internet. It will be very slow & frustrating, but better than nothing!

NO!! I've done told him...it's a vacation and he is leaving the internet behind!!!

Yea, all mine does it talk about...the Titanic, hurricanes, loosing luggage, the boat sinking, it being 9/11...the list goes on. I'm sure he's worried about no internet-(he's a business owner and relies heavily on his internet sales, so it will kill him to be away for a week).

He stated the sinking part yesterday, I told him, well you know planes do crash too. He said, but if our plane crashed, you would probably die upon impact and not know it. If the ship sank, it would be a long slow death of waiting for it to sink and then spending hours in the cold water (Titanic again). LOL geesh. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to get him on this boat so he'll see just how much fun it's going to be and want to take more. :D

Ok..I flew on 9-11 last year , no big deal just more security. People thought we were crazy but what better tribute to those who died..I will not be scared to fly or travel bcs of some crazy people or a specific date.

Now we are planning to try to get to the dock early..with it being 9-11 there will most likely be extra security which means longer wait.

Lost luggage..Tell DH to pack a carry on with one dinner outfit, one day outfit(shorts/tshirt..etc) bathing suit and toiletries(i think i misspelled that but oh well). So that if your luggage does get lost he is all set for a least a day or so. He'll be all set for dinner and the next day..lol. this is what we always do.

Hurricanes...According to carnival last year there is very little chance (they have never had one) that they would cancel the trip due to hurricanes. All ships are equipped with all the latest weather technology that they may just have to do the trip in reverse.

Boat sinking...1. we are in the carribean...the water is warm so no worries about freezing to death in the water like they did in Titanic. 2. there are so many life boats that there is actually extra room in them..they will pack you like a sardine..lol He will be totally safe.

DRINKS...Get Dh a drink as soon as you get on board..Relax him down. Tell him to have fun! We will all be there doing the same thing!!!

My Dh and I are getting away without our little ones and are looking foward to some really good one on one time..and relaxation!!!!

epic is now on its way back in.. pilot boat is directing it as we speak

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

I just had to jump on a see where she was at the minute I woke up. Yep, headed back. That was an exciting weekend of watching her out there doing all the turns and how fast she was going.

I can't wait to watch her when she takes off again next week. :)

Wait, she took back off again? She's back out in the water. Is she suppose to go back out again? I thought sea trials was over.

:confused: Where do you see that? I have just checked the AIS site and she shows as docked at the STX shipyard

Wait, she took back off again? She's back out in the water. Is she suppose to go back out again? I thought sea trials was over.

I just checked...she is docked...not unless i am looking at the wrong thing..

Archived