Nextcruises bought before June 1st

I just tried to book Allure for November 2011 using a Nextcruise I bought on Radiance in April.

Was told my the C&A representative that I can only get the $100 OBC and not the additional $250 balcony discount that is now combineable.

I told her the nextcruise did not have a specific ship or sail date attached, it was just a booking number.

She said only nextcruises purchased on June 1st or after were allowed to combine benefits.

The 2 nextcruises I purchased in April are worthless to me as we book balconies. To book Allure yesterday I had to deposit $500 to get the $250 balcony discount and the $100 OBC.....certainly a better deal than the nextcruise deal I would have received. I now have $200 worth of deposits at home that I may never use and are non refundable.

Just wanted to let everyone who owns pre June 1st nextcruises that they aren't much of a deal anymore.

I emailed Adam Goldstein to express my feelings to him.

I just tried to book Allure for November 2011 using a Nextcruise I bought on Radiance in April.

Was told my the C&A representative that I can only get the $100 OBC and not the additional $250 balcony discount that is now combineable.

I told her the nextcruise did not have a specific ship or sail date attached, it was just a booking number.

She said only nextcruises purchased on June 1st or after were allowed to combine benefits.

The 2 nextcruises I purchased in April are worthless to me as we book balconies. To book Allure yesterday I had to deposit $500 to get the $250 balcony discount and the $100 OBC.....certainly a better deal than the nextcruise deal I would have received. I now have $200 worth of deposits at home that I may never use and are non refundable.

Just wanted to let everyone who owns pre June 1st nextcruises that they aren't much of a deal anymore.

I emailed Adam Goldstein to express my feelings to him.

The only NC bookings that are still worth GOLD are those that were purchased prior to 1/1/09. They have all the bells and whistles attached including Shareholder Benefits.:D

The new booking bonus of combining benefits went into effect June 1 for all cruises booked on and after that date while on a ship or if you want to cancel and rebook a cruise during the June Booking Bonus Promo from home.

The date that you purchased your NC is the date that reflects the benefits you are entitled to not the date that you change them into a specific cruise. The terms have not changed since NextCruise was first introduced so there really is no need to be upset.

One advantage you have with your NC purchased in April is that they fall under the old pricing policy so when converted you are eligible for any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing.

Another advantage is if you book a cruise that is 14+ days or longer with your NC you would get the max OBC of $300 because that's what the max OBC was prior to the June 1 changes.

Next Cruise bookings are now called Why Not Decide Later bookings and if you were to purchase one today on a ship you would be entitled to combine two benefits.

The only NC bookings that are still worth GOLD are those that were purchased prior to 1/1/09. They have all the bells and whistles attached including Shareholder Benefits.:D

The new booking bonus of combining benefits went into effect June 1 for all cruises booked on and after that date while on a ship or if you want to cancel and rebook a cruise during the June Booking Bonus Promo from home.

The date that you purchased your NC is the date that reflects the benefits you are entitled to not the date that you change them into a specific cruise. The terms have not changed since NextCruise was first introduced so there really is no need to be upset.

One advantage you have with your NC purchased in April is that they fall under the old pricing policy so when converted you are eligible for any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing.

Another advantage is if you book a cruise that is 14+ days or longer with your NC you would get the max OBC of $300 because that's what the max OBC was prior to the June 1 changes.

Next Cruise bookings are now called Why Not Decide Later bookings and if you were to purchase one today on a ship you would be entitled to combine two benefits.

Thank you so much for that information all spelled out! We just used our last old fully combinable booking for a 14 night, and have 2 booking numbers that we just bought in May. Good to know that they carry the advantage to be able to get price reductions past final payment. Will have to see how pricing goes in the future to see if we're better off with OB booking or last minute deals.

I don't think the OP was looking for an explanation of the NextCruise Policy. I think she's expressing her frustration with that policy... and I happen to agree with her.

I totally understand RCCL having the June 1 date for the new benefits on bookings where there is an assigned ship and sailing date. Those people who booked prior to June 1 do at least have an option to cancel their cruise and get a full refund of their deposit and then rebook if it's to their advantage... It's not been a benefit to me personally for any of the reservations that I currently have, because the pricing on everything I have booked has gone up.

People with a NextCruise deposit have not locked in any potentially lower pricing and although I've heard of people getting back a refund of their NextCruise deposit, the terms of the NextCruise/Why Not Decide Later clearly states that the deposit is totally non-refundable. It seems patently unfair that because those purchasing a NextCruise prior to June 1 made an earlier financial commitment to cruise RCCL again that they are receiving less benefits.

I have cruised so far only with Carnival and had heard about a similar program with them, and then never saw anything on board about it.

I am sailing RCI in Oct. and am interested in this. If this is my first cruise with RCI can I still buy one of these why not decide later or whatever they are called things and how do I go about it or who do I talk to?

fairly new to cruising, but as this will be my 3rd and were looking to book our fourth, I'm interested in loyalty programs etc. and learning more. I can only find info on the crown & anchor though, not this other thing.

So if my dd purchased hers in 5/08, she can combine it with Shareholders and Platinum discount and what about savings certificates also?

If she purchased her NC in 2008, when activated she will be able to combine all the benefits she is entitled to.

Thank you so much for that information all spelled out! We just used our last old fully combinable booking for a 14 night, and have 2 booking numbers that we just bought in May. Good to know that they carry the advantage to be able to get price reductions past final payment. Will have to see how pricing goes in the future to see if we're better off with OB booking or last minute deals.

As long as your bookings were made prior to May 17, you fall under the old pricing program.

I don't think the OP was looking for an explanation of the NextCruise Policy. I think she's expressing her frustration with that policy... and I happen to agree with her.

I totally understand RCCL having the June 1 date for the new benefits on bookings where there is an assigned ship and sailing date. Those people who booked prior to June 1 do at least have an option to cancel their cruise and get a full refund of their deposit and then rebook if it's to their advantage... It's not been a benefit to me personally for any of the reservations that I currently have, because the pricing on everything I have booked has gone up.

People with a NextCruise deposit have not locked in any potentially lower pricing and although I've heard of people getting back a refund of their NextCruise deposit, the terms of the NextCruise/Why Not Decide Later clearly states that the deposit is totally non-refundable. It seems patently unfair that because those purchasing a NextCruise prior to June 1 made an earlier financial commitment to cruise RCCL again that they are receiving less benefits.

Many times people forget that the it's the date that a NC is purchased and not the date it's activated as to what they are entitled to. That's why the frustration.

When purchasing a NC all you are getting is a booking number that means nothing until you activate it. You can't even enter it into your MyCruises account.

Even though you don't lock in any pricing when you book a NC, you do lock in benefits and what you are entitled to and what you are not. And for those that purchased NC prior to 1/1/09, they are priceless.

The NC deposit is non-refundable if it is never used........like, put in a safe place and never to be found. Once you convert it into an active booking, pay the remainder of the deposit and then if you have to cancel, you will receive your entire deposit back.

I am sailing RCI in Oct. and am interested in this. If this is my first cruise with RCI can I still buy one of these why not decide later or whatever they are called things and how do I go about it or who do I talk to?

fairly new to cruising, but as this will be my 3rd and were looking to book our fourth, I'm interested in loyalty programs etc. and learning more. I can only find info on the crown & anchor though, not this other thing.

Yes, on your cruise you can see the Loyalty Ambassador on board and tell him/her that you would like to purchase a NC. You will pay a $100pp deposit and then once home you can decided what cruise you would like to book. You will receive a Confirmation Letter with your NC booking number on it. This is the number you will use when you decide on what cruise you would like to book.

My point of the original post was why can someone who booked a trip before June 1st now cancel and rebook and get new benefits while someone who bought a nextcruise before June 1st can only have the old benefits???

Lets get back on topic.

Yes, on your cruise you can see the Loyalty Ambassador on board and tell him/her that you would like to purchase a NC. You will pay a $100pp deposit and then once home you can decided what cruise you would like to book. You will receive a Confirmation Letter with your NC booking number on it. This is the number you will use when you decide on what cruise you would like to book.

Patti, wouldn't they need to sign up for Crown & Anchor onboard first? Since only C&A members are supposed to be able to book onboard?

Many times people forget that the it's the date that a NC is purchased and not the date it's activated as to what they are entitled to. That's why the frustration.

I can't speak for the OP, but I can tell you that's not AT ALL why the frustration on my part... I have zero problems understanding the current policy... I just don't agree that it is fair and equitable. It's your prerogative to disagree with me, but please don't tell me that I don't understand and that's why I'm frustrated.

The NC deposit is non-refundable if it is never used........like, put in a safe place and never to be found. Once you convert it into an active booking, pay the remainder of the deposit and then if you have to cancel, you will receive your entire deposit back.

That may be what's happening, but that is certainly not what the terms of the certificate are... I have one in front of me right now...

"If a NextCruise is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels for any reason, guest may apply for a refund, less the value of the initial NextCruise deposit."

They may not be consistantly enforcing the non-refundability clause, but it's well within the terms and conditions of the agreement to do so...

My point of the original post was why can someone who booked a trip before June 1st now cancel and rebook and get new benefits while someone who bought a nextcruise before June 1st can only have the old benefits???

Lets get back on topic.

Then why can't those people that purchased NC bookings after 1/1/09 be able to combine all benefits like those that purchased a NC on 12/31/08 are? Because they understand their was a change in combining of benefits......which didn't make people happy at that time.

Why are people that booked cruises prior to May 17, 2010 entitled to any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing and those that booked on and after May 17 are not? Because there was a New Best Pricing Program introduced.

Your NC purchases are pieces of paper with a numbers on them that you purchased in April on a cruise. Had you changed any of those NC into specific cruises in May you would have been able to cancel and rebook because you had specific cruises with a ship and sailing date assigned to each number on each piece of paper.

I do understand your frustration, but it's always going to be the same thing............C&A makes changes and those changes will either make many people happy or many people not happy. That's the problem with change..........you are not going to please everybody.

I can't speak for the OP, but I can tell you that's not AT ALL why the frustration on my part... I have zero problems understanding the current policy... I just don't agree that it is fair and equitable. It's your prerogative to disagree with me, but please don't tell me that I don't understand and that's why I'm frustrated.

I'm sorry, I wasn't referring to you as being frustrated. :o I think we all are. I absolutely agree with you about it not being fair and equitable........I don't think it's fair that those that book on a ship get to combine benefits and if I book from home, I get to select one.

Ya just can't make everybody happy.

Patti, wouldn't they need to sign up for Crown & Anchor onboard first? Since only C&A members are supposed to be able to book onboard?

Oops:o Minor detail. Yes, but I would hope that the LA would tell them that.

s.gif

Question: If I sign-up for the Crown & Anchor Society during my first cruise will I receive any onboard benefits? If I am a first-time cruiser can I take advantage of any Crown & Anchor Society benefits? s.gif

Answer: If you sign-up and receive a Crown & Anchor membership number while onboard during your first cruise vacation, you will be able to take advantage of the Exclusive Onboard Booking offer by scheduling an appointment with the Loyalty & Future Cruise Sales staff while onboard the ship. All other benefits will come on your next cruise.

.C&A makes changes and those changes will either make many people happy or many people not happy..
Including renaming Next Cruise to Why Not Decide Later??:eek: Not called NC anymore..

I received an email from Adam Goldsteins office late yesterday aftenoon.

They have received many complaints about this issue.....mainly that a person who booked before June 1st was able to cancel and rebook to get the new benefits while someone with a Nextcruise certificate bought before June 1st is held to the old benefits.

They will get back to me soon with a resolution.

I received an email from Adam Goldsteins office late yesterday aftenoon.

They have received many complaints about this issue.....mainly that a person who booked before June 1st was able to cancel and rebook to get the new benefits while someone with a Nextcruise certificate bought before June 1st is held to the old benefits.

They will get back to me soon with a resolution.

That's terrific and please let us know how they resolve it for you. It pays to complain.:D Oops, I should say voice one's opinion.

• 3 months later...

I am not a first time cruiser and now I have 3 next cruise cert. or what ever they want to call it.

So I may take a b2b2b from Florida to use them up need only 1 air fare then.

Since the ship is leaving California and I am allready booked up for the rest off the year.

To may changes every couple of months can't keep up anymore.

Archived