Cancelling shore tours??

bazzaw

We will be on Oriana on it's return leg to Southampton from Australia, leaving 06 Nov 2010.

I now see on our cruise personaliser that shore tour details have been published. My understanding is that, when we book for these tours via the cruise personaliser, the charges eventually go on to our onboard cruise card account.

Am just wondering what the procedure is if, having booked, we wished to cancel out of one at a later date before our sector of the cruise departs

Thanks for any advice

Barry

Hi,

You can cancel a shore excursion once on board as long as you do so 48 hours before the excursion AND make sure the ticket, which will be in your cabin on arrival, is returned to the tour desk onboard within that time too. We cancelled a tour after setting sail as we were very tired on our 5th consecutive port day and wanted to be able to do our own thing in the morning. It was easily done as long as you are early enough.

Have fun, Sarah

Thanks for those answers everybody

I can see now (after actually booking a tour on the personaliser) how we can cancel before departure. I don't expect that we will be cancelling once onboard, unless one of us gets sick or something. Have now booked 10 of them.

Once again the "pedantic" side of me comes out - it clearly says "before departure" but departure of what? - the World Cruise or our leg of the WC ?? I assume the second (although we all know what happens to us when we assume things!! :p

Barry

Archived