Pole . . . Single cruisers on Carnival

ladycaveat

I only book balcony cabns (and the occasional suite) when I go. I have always paid 200% and that is how it is. Those that like, or for cost reasons, that book the 1A's won't be tickled at it. The rates for the 1A are still cheap.

How many solos will continue to cruise on Carnival now that they've done away with the 150% fare rate?

Hey Babe...How you doing.....

You might want to redo this as a "Poll".....;)

You know you are one of my faves for getting me into cruising solo.

I will answer this though....

HAL and other lines will hook me up so if I can't get a cabin buddy for a cruise Carnival will lose my business for a cruise or two or three or four.....

Are you listening ....."Carn-evil"......:mad::p:mad:

I asked my PVP and he said that it will not be for every cruise, Just some of the cruises. If it is 200% on a cruise I want I will also check NCL and Royal Caribbean and see where I get the best deal.

I'm waiting to see what actually happens. When Carnival announced prices were rising, there was all this outcry. Yet I was still able to get a last-minute bargain in April.

Of course, I mostly cruise last minute. The situation will be different for people who have to purchase their cruises in advance. I hope to start taking longer, non-Mexico cruises next year. In those cases, I will check all the cruiselines and purchase the best deal.

By the way, the combination of Pole & Single cruisers does raise some interesting images - but I may be the only one with that kind of mind!

I'm waiting to see what actually happens. When Carnival announced prices were rising, there was all this outcry. Yet I was still able to get a last-minute bargain in April.!

Im thinking this will blow over, like every other increase or new rule Carnival has introduced. 2 years from now this will be forgotten....and there will be a bunch of new newbies who dont remember how it used to be.

Hey Babe...How you doing.....

You might want to redo this as a "Poll".....;)

You know you are one of my faves for getting me into cruising solo.

I will answer this though....

HAL and other lines will hook me up so if I can't get a cabin buddy for a cruise Carnival will lose my business for a cruise or two or three or four.....

Are you listening ....."Carn-evil"......:mad::p:mad:

Hey Babs . . .I have no idea how to do "poll" If you can tell how . . . I'll do it. Talk about being teck challenged . . . that is putting it mildly. As far as having a cruise line "hook" me up with a cruise buddy . . . don't think that would work . . . I snore to loud . . . tee hee!

I am doing my third solo in August (second with Carnival). The first one I did book a 1A. It was last minute and I got a good deal. This time I could have, but I choose an Oceanview instead. I would probably do a balcony if they had it (Imagination). I am not all worked up over this. As someone said, the 1A prices are still pretty cheap. It does stink, but it isn't going to ruin the whole cruise line for me.

I've never booked a 1A before so this development won't affect my solo cruising. I prefer to drive to port in Galveston so my ship choices are limited and Carnival has thus far, always been more affordable than RCCL.

How many solos will continue to cruise on Carnival now that they've done away with the 150% fare rate?

Count me out . . . but my upcoming 'separation' from Carnival was beginning even before I first heard the rumor (here on CC, of course) of the planned price increase for 1A cabins. The other situations were of greater concern, but this recent price increase simply sealed the deal.

I'm doing seven solo sailings on Carnival this year. I did seven solo sailings on Carnival last year. In 2008, I did six.

In 2011, I'm doing only one (and I took out 'cancel for any reason' insurance on it). All the others are on competing lines.

My vacation dollars to spend the way I decide. Carnival will not miss me in the least, but they'll miss having me offer positive words about their product that I do to potential passengers every single day.

There was a pole in the middle of my mom's room last year on the Inspiration. There were a few people we saw on board that week that may have had some interesting uses for it :eek:

Can't believe I spelled poll as pole. :o

By the way, the combination of Pole & Single cruisers does raise some interesting images - but I may be the only one with that kind of mind!

NOPE...,.......i am right there with you.......lol.....i thought it was an anouncement:D

i was going to start booking:eek:

Will now be shopping around more than before. Used to find the Carnival 1A solo prices to be very competitive (esp since I got the 'special 1As with windows or the porthole 1As). If I can find a competitive/better price on another line I would have no issue trying that out - and I have written to carnival to express my disappointment in this new policy!

After I complete the 3 cruises I currently have booked I would look for the best deal offered dollar wise when I cruise again. I also have other places I want to travel to so it is not the end of the earth that Carnival changed the solo rate on 1A cabins. It just makes it less likely that I'll cruise very often. If I do cruise again it make my business up for grabs by whoever offers the best deal.

I like HAL and its single supplement for

inside and oceanview is usually 150%

It varies by the cruise.

In your opinion would you say the pricing on HAL was comparable/as cheap as Carnival solo pricing?

I like HAL and its single supplement for

inside and oceanview is usually 150%

It varies by the cruise.

Last time I cruised solo with HAL I got a cabin for 130% and two days after booking was upgraded to an oceanview.....:cool:

Archived