Bon Voyage Program=CB June 14

BosoxI

My DW and I are treatng my sister and BIL to this progam on Monday. I have received no information from Princess regarding reporting times except what the Princess agent told me when I first signed them up for it. To my dismay I just learned that Princess has sent no info to my sister, either. Anything she's recived treats her as if she were a paying customer. Nothng is geared to the Bon Voyage program. Is anyone involved with the program on the CB on June 14? If so, can you please tell me when we are to check in. This is very sloppy work by Princess on a program devised to attract new customers. Thanks in advance.

First of all they should have gotten a booking number when you signed them up. You can then register them on the Princess site and they will have a personalizer. Fill it out online the same way you filled out yours. I believe you even need to register a credit card.

You can then print up a boarding pass for them. It's the same as yours.

When you check in at the pier they are sent to a different room to await boarding. You can board with them and take photos with them when you are boarding.

The FCC will meet you on the ship and offer you and them a tour. Either you can do it with him or on your own. He will tell you what time to meet in the Coral dining room for lunch.

They must be off the ship by 4:00 pm

Call Princess today and ask.

And that's exactly what my DW was doing even as I typed my last note. The agent admitted that the process is not an easy one and is certainly in need of modification. The way it is set up now, new cruisers will be put off by the endless requirements for information, almost as if they were actually taking the cruise. Not a good sales pitch at all.

And that's exactly what my DW was doing even as I typed my last note. The agent admitted that the process is not an easy one and is certainly in need of modification. The way it is set up now, new cruisers will be put off by the endless requirements for information, almost as if they were actually taking the cruise. Not a good sales pitch at all.

For your safety and the safety of everyone else onboard.

You should welcome it. Its the world we live in today. ;)

For your safety and the safety of everyone else onboard.

You should welcome it. Its the world we live in today. ;)

Believe me, as I'm in the air or on a ship more than I'm at home, I'm a big fan of security. But these Bon Voyage visitors are bringing no luggage on board, so it strikes me that Princess need only require them to pre-register with a passport number and, perhaps, a credit card, plus address/phone number. That ought to satisfy any manifest requirements. They'll be walking through the X-ray machine tomorrow, just as we will be doing, and with zero baggage. This will probably be the only time we sponsor visitors, so it's no big deal for me one way or the other. But I would think Princess would want to make this process as easy as possible within the security requirements. They haven't and the agent told my wife there will be a meeting at Princess next week on this very subject. Who knows?, maybe there actually will be one.

Archived