ruby princess vs grand princess ??

dis2cruise

The Grand has been through dry dock, and now has a lot of the features that the Emerald and Ruby have, such as International Cafe, Vines, and Sanctuary. It does not have a Riviera Deck, so it still carries fewer passengers.

I would sail either ship in a heartbeat - itinerary, embarkationa and disembarkation ports, and sailing dates would be items that would factor into my choice, not Grand v. Ruby.

The Grand has been through dry dock, and now has a lot of the features that the Emerald and Ruby have, such as International Cafe, Vines, and Sanctuary. It does not have a Riviera Deck, so it still carries fewer passengers.

I would sail either ship in a heartbeat - itinerary, embarkationa and disembarkation ports, and sailing dates would be items that would factor into my choice, not Grand v. Ruby.

Actually, the Grand went through only a wet dock about 18 months ago. it did not receive the International Cafe or vines. It did though have the santuary put into place and a few updated carpets and repairs at that time. (we sailed on the first cruise after the wet dock). It will be about another year before the added features are installed when it does go into dry dock.

Thanks Toto,

Have her associated with the Golden in my mind, and the Golden does have all the bells and whistles!:o

Ginger

Ginger, I thought you might have confused the Grand with one of the other ships. Happens to me all of the time. ;) Hopefully the Grand will get all of the updates very soon. :)

I was on the grand about 7 years ago how does it differ from the ruby besides age of course, lol.

Some of the differences:

Grand has an extra passenger deck, the Riviera deck.

Ruby has a second buffet area aft of the Horizon Court. Both may not always be open at the same time for food, but you can always sit in either area.

Ruby has the Adagio lounge on deck 16, a nice relaxing place. It is located next to Sabatini's which does not have such a good location on the Grand.

The Center staircase on the Grand is closed to passengers above deck 7. It is open all the way to deck 15 on the Ruby.

The front of the stage in the Princess Theater on the Ruby is higher than on the Grand, making it hard to see well from the first few rows on the Ruby.

On the Ruby, all the aft elevators go down to deck 6 and up to Skywalkers. On the Grand, only two of the four aft elevators do so.

On the Grand, Skywalkers is at the end of the "shopping cart handle" with the walkway from the elevator to the lounge. It does provide shade over the aft pool much of the day and has a great view of the ocean behind the ship. On the Ruby, Skywalkers is located right next to the elevators. It does not provide shade over the aft pool and the view of the wake is not as good.

Archived