Magic is going to................

Legend

Hmmm... a clue? {not much of one}

from John Who's blog

"I have never figured this out. We provide the same service, the same fun, the same high quality food and yet there are some………ummmm……..grumpy people on board. Now obviously we have to do something about this especially as it looks like I may be the Cruise Director on your Carnival Magic’s trans-Atlantic voyage and I want to get it right. We do our best to provide extra activities for those 5 back to back days at sea and yet personally and quite honestly, I dread them because I know that regardless of what we do…………..some guests won’t be happy."

so far the schedules posted have 6 sea days...

Its been posted, maybe on the sticky thread, that now I dont know where it was, that a PVP told the person who booked the TA that there might be a port change ... Im guessing a additional port too.

So, good nab there, as it squares with my thinking. John probably doesnt realize what he gave away.

THAT reminded me of our Moose encounter.

We were at the park by the Anchorage airport and there was a Moose with big ole antlers standing by the fence at the top of the hill.

So we parked to watch him.... he turned and looked at us and started walking down the hill towards us....then he started trotting down the hill towards us...then he started RUNNING down the hill towards us.

We were in a rental car (Toyota Highlander) and I started yelling for hubby to start the car.

That silly moose ran right up to the front of the vehicle....stopped and just walked off to the right into the woods.

If I could have read that moose's mind...he would have been saying "bet I scared them". He would have been right. :)

My mom was washing dishes in the summer with the window open and a moose came up and stuck its head in the window above the sink. They are 7-feet high at the shoulder. Very big Bambis.

One Christmas day, I was on my way to my parents' house with my wife and 6-month-old son and stopped because a moose was in the road in front of me. I got rear-ended by a drunk who "didn't see" me and it took over six months to get my car fixed and back and they didn't have loaners. Fortunately, Fairbanks was small enough to where you could walk almost anywhere, but still......

OK...now I am confused about how your post "quoting" me was posted BEFORE my post?? LOL

Pass the Tylenol.....

fortunately...it will not be weeks.... :cool:

That has happened to me several times this week, where I would a response to a post which didn't come until after the response. Scary.

Well actually Allen......Carnival will probably announce it and someone post it while I'm ofline...lol...cause you KNOW as soon as they announce it, 2 seconds later it will be a post....lol

Well, get outta here then! :P

I'm with Allen. I have a headache. And I have to deal with it for a few more WEEKS?!?!?! :mad:

My mom was washing dishes in the summer with the window open and a moose came up and stuck its head in the window above the sink. They are 7-feet high at the shoulder. Very big Bambis.

One Christmas day' date=' I was on my way to my parents' house with my wife and 6-month-old son and stopped because a moose was in the road in front of me. I got rear-ended by a drunk who "didn't see" me and it took over six months to get my car fixed and back and they didn't have loaners. Fortunately, Fairbanks was small enough to where you could walk almost anywhere, but still......[/quote']

We LOVED Fairbanks....

we were there the week of July 4th....about 3 or 4 days before July 4th and everywhere we walked....total strangers were wishing us a Happy July 4th.

I had never experienced anything like that. We stayed at the Springhill Suites right there in town and ate at Soapy Smith's ..... good food but odd people working there....

Hmmm... a clue? {not much of one}

from John Who's blog

"I have never figured this out. We provide the same service, the same fun, the same high quality food and yet there are some………ummmm……..grumpy people on board. Now obviously we have to do something about this especially as it looks like I may be the Cruise Director on your Carnival Magic’s trans-Atlantic voyage and I want to get it right. We do our best to provide extra activities for those 5 back to back days at sea and yet personally and quite honestly, I dread them because I know that regardless of what we do…………..some guests won’t be happy."

so far the schedules posted have 6 sea days...

Or the other possibility is he could have been just going off what the Dream had when she made her Transatlantic.

Another day and NO announcement from Carnival :mad:. Only 2 days left in the week, so we should hear either tomorrow or Friday :confused:.

Marty

I hope you are right, but Randy said it could be a few more WEEKS!!!!:(:(:eek::eek:

Or the other possibility is he could have been just going off what the Dream had when she made her Transatlantic.

or the other possibility is that he is wrong, made a typo, or is not entirely informed... any of the above actually happen relatively not infrequently ;)

Sargent Schultz - I read your earlier post, where you said you were also on the Oct 15th sailing of the Dream in the Med.

You didn't happen to stay at Hotel Triano in Cittavecchia before the cruise?

Marty & Jeanne

Nope, we stayed at Hotel dei Consoli in Rome - it was great!

Departure date 10/28/11, Carnival Magic

Emb City: BARCELONA Emb Time: 12:30pm until 04:30pm

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

FRI BARCELONA, SPAIN 5:00 PM

SAT PALMA DE MALLORCA, SPAIN 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

SUN FUN DAY AT SEA

MON MALAGA, SPAIN 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED LAS PALMAS,CANARY IS 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

THU FUN DAY AT SEA

FRI FUN DAY AT SEA

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN FUN DAY AT SEA

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED GRAND TURK 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

THU FUN DAY AT SEA

FRI FUN DAY AT SEA

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN GALVESTON, TX 8:00 AM

Can't wait! I'm Ready to book now. we love the TA

I hope you are right, but Randy said it could be a few more WEEKS!!!!:(:(:eek::eek:

Our PVP left a message on our answering machine, said our booking was still OK, but the itinerary may change and that they should be announcing in about a month.

Ecstasy will not going into drydock as it was just in drdock in September 2009.

OK, you helped us solve that part of the puzzle. Since Ecstasy sails on September 3, 2011 and then not again until September 22, 2011, and does not go into dry dock as you state, this means that the Ecstasy will be making a 19 day cruise on 9-3-11.

Now, who wants to speculate as to where it will go for these 19 days?

Because wherever it ends at will be it's home port until April 30, 2012 where it will make 4 and 5 day cruises.

Archived