Anyone NOT like the Steakhouse?

Talli

So I am thinking about making a reservation for the Steakhouse on Freedom so DH and I can have a romantic dinner for two. I have read nothing but good reviews on here but not sure if spending $60 for dinner is worth it when we can get it for free elsewhere on the ship, lol. Is it really worth it, did anyone not like it or just thought it was ok? We love steak, but not seafood (well DH will eat the occasional fish if its breaded and fried) if that makes a difference.

TIA!

Talli

We only ate at one steakhouse, Nick and Nora's on Miracle. I wouldn't say we didn't like it, but I really didn't feel it was worth the up-charge. It might be worth $10 apiece, but not $30. That's juts our opinion, and of course it's completely subjective and YMMV.

We ate at the steakhouse on the Conquest for New Years. We were unfortunately disappointed. Staff wasn't very friendly or attentive. We received MUCH better service in main dining. The food was ok - slightly better than in main dining - but overral didn't feel like it was worth the extra charge.

I know I am in the minority, but after 5 times eating there, I'm not very impressed. The food is fine, just not to my taste. The ambiance is okay, but I didn't think it was all that romantic.

After our first trip, we decided that we would go if others invited us, but didn't need to go on our own (thus the other 4 trips.)

Thanks for all the very quick responses! Looks like we will be skipping the Steakhouse then. DH is not a "foodie", and I always enjoy a good steak but I think we would rather just use the money elsewhere if its just going to be comparable to whats at home, or just ok.

Thanks again!

Talli

We went on the Glory and the food was great, a bit fancy for my taste, but the steak was good, I wasn't that impressed with the service and it took 2 1/2 hours.

We didn't go again until the Splendor and that was because we went with a group from our roll call. I was even less impressed this time. The service was just slow, it was close to 3 hours, way to long IMHO.

The best thing is the chocolate trio dessert but that really isn't worth $30.

I always say give it a try, only you can know if you'll like it. Some really love it, my husband probably liked it more than me but that is just because he likes different foods and I am a "picky" eater. He also thought the service was to slow.

We were disappointed in the steakhouse on the Dream. We definitely had better service in the MDR. We only tried it because we had lots of OBC, but still felt like it was a waste of money. Food was good, but no better than the MDR....well, except for the dessert! The cheesecake was AWESOME, but not worth $30!

We ate at the steakhouse on the Legend and we were very impressed. The service was amazing and the whole staff was friendly. After each course was served, we realized there is a world of fine dining that we rarely get to enjoy. The whole experience was the $60 charge. Maybe we just don't get out much.

;)

We ate at the steakhouse on the Legend and we were very impressed. The service was amazing and the whole staff was friendly. After each course was served, we realized there is a world of fine dining that we rarely get to enjoy. The whole experience was the $60 charge. Maybe we just don't get out much.

Totally Agree, the steakhouse on the Legend and Miracle were wonderful!!! Well worth the $30 CHARGE.

COMPARABLE TO RUTH CHRIS STEAKHOUSE in my opinion!! So Talli, don't be swayed by other's opinions, See for Yourself and YOU be the judge!!

By the way, the "Lobster Bisque" is TOO DIE FOR :D

Later

BOB

I've been at the steakhouse on the Legend and the Glory and loved both. Mind you, it was a couple years ago so things may have changed since then. It's not often we get to dine 5* at $60 for the two of us. I found the cuts of meat far superior to the MDR. I found the service quite attentive. It does say somewhere that the dinner takes about 2.5 hours I think that's to make it a dining experience. We've never gone just the two of us but with friends, I think it's a nice "evening out".

We thought the food at Nick & Nora's on the Miracle was very, very good. That said, I just don't care for the fussiness of the service. I don't like it when I feel people are looking over my shoulder while I eat, waiting to whisk away a dish as soon as I'm finished, scrap bread crumbs from the tablecloth or add more water to my glass after every sip. I'm sure dh will want to go again for "date night" but I wish there was a polite way to say "back off" to the servers, lol.

We ate at Harry's on the Liberty and absolutely loved it! There were 8 of us, and every single one of us thought it was worth the $30 and two of those at our table were owners of a restaurant! The food, the service and the experience were more than worth $60. With that said, we recommended it to others in our group on that same trip and they didn't feel the same way. They are not people who eat our a lot or care about the dining experience and that as the reason. So I think it depends on what you as a couple enjoy. :cool:

We've had the Steakhouse on the Legend (twice in one cruise), Miracle (twice on the cruise) and the Dream. They are fantastic! The cuts of meat are A++. It's a 5* meal and well worth $30. Makes the dining room feel like Denny's (no offense cause Denny's is good, just at certain times) :) We always look forward to our Steakhouse evenings. They are a highlight of our cruise.

We have been to the steakhouse on the Miracle and the Glory and had two fine meals. Very nice experience.

However also enjoy the food and generally our tablemates in the DR.

Not sure what we will do on our next cruise on the Liberty but probably decide while on the ship.

We thought the food at Nick & Nora's on the Miracle was very, very good. That said, I just don't care for the fussiness of the service. I don't like it when I feel people are looking over my shoulder while I eat, waiting to whisk away a dish as soon as I'm finished, scrap bread crumbs from the tablecloth or add more water to my glass after every sip. I'm sure dh will want to go again for "date night" but I wish there was a polite way to say "back off" to the servers, lol.

Agree 100%. The food and service were good, and the extra $30.00 seemed fair. Just not our cup of tea. Far to many interruptions. DW and I could barely carry on a conversation.

We've dined in the steakhouse on both Conquest and Spirit and would do it again. To us, it's worth the $30 pp. The beef served is PRIME and is definitely not the same as the MDR. We have not found the service to be intrusive as others have noted.

IF you are a steak carnivore it is well worth the money. If you have steak and if you have it no more than medium rare, then it is great. The steaks are Prime meat. But if you like well done or medium well, then the high quality of the steak is cooked away.

If you tried to buy aged USDA Prime steaks in a specialty butcher shop, they would cost you at least the same $30.pp raw, with no sides or service.

If you're going for the lobster or well done meat,,,,,,,,,,,,PASS!

We really enjoyed it on Valor - at least the appetizers and main meal. Desserts we found terrible. We tried an apple cobbler type of dessert and it had an awful burned flavor. Was it an isolated incident? Probably.

I highly recommend the cheese plate in the Steakhouse (if they still have it). They brought all four selections right to the table and sliced them. The waiter was very knowledgable of the cheeses.

We ate at N&N on the Miracle in 2008 and thought it was worth the up charge. They still had the music and dancing. On the valor, last April, food was still the same quality, service was good but the atmosphere was not there............no music..............no dancing.....it just was lacking for some reason.......go figure.......we are on the Dream next year and we will try the steakhouse again before deciding on it's merits or value

I ate in the steak house on the Glory three times my last cruise. It was nice sitting there drinking bottles of wine and enjoying the slow pace. But....three hours was a little too long. My last time there, I skipped dessert. I was ready to get out of there.

I ate in the steak house on the Liberty once and it only took about two hours. Much faster service.

I will definitely be going to the steak house on the Legend this fall. It is a nice change from the MDR.

If you go, get a bottle of wine and relax. Ask for a table off on its own. Some of the tables are right out in the open and are not very romantic.

Archived