Early Saver Question (I know, another one)

kgerkin

Im betting this has been answered on this site somewhere but I cant get the search function to work.

We booked Early Saver for our July 2010 Pride cruise. We booked a suite and an inside cabin (4D). My question is about the inside question. We are all past quests.

Past quests for our cruise inside cabins have the following fares:

Cat A- upgrade to Cat E- 759.00

Cat B-- upgrade to Cat K- 789.00

Cat C upgrade to Cat K- 789.00

Cat D upgrade to Cat K- 789.00

We like the location of our inside cabin so we are not interested in upgrading, but we paid $824.00 early saver for this cabin per person. Would any of the scenarios above apply to this booking?

Early saver has been very very good to us with our suite. In fact, just saved another $200 yesterday. The inside however has not done as well. In May we were able to bump it up to Military friends and family, but after the promotion was over at the end of May, we can't use military rates to check for a price drop.

If anyone here could help explain I would really appreciate it. I've called carnival several times and have gotten various answers. The most common is that "you cant use early saver now, its too close to the cruise", even after I explained we are military and past guest.

I like early saver but you almost need a degree in cruise pricing to be able to figure out which rates apply and when they apply.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Karen

I would look first to see if there still are 4Ds available ... if the upgrade includes 4D, then the 4A price would work.

...but only if there are still 4Ds left. Several have been denied when the category they are in is sold out. there has to be at least one 4D left.

Karen - If the military rate person is in the inside cabin, you can apply for OBC if the military rate drops on 4D's. We just did this on one of our 3 cabins on our July Cruise - I saved $200. For that cabin, I always look at past guest & military, for another we have (3 total cabins booked) I look at senior & past guest. I've gotten discounts using each type fare.

(Our 3rd cabin is inside with our son booked solo so I'm not expecting a drop but I won't argue if it happens...)

Thats for the info. The inside cabin was moved to military friends and family in May but according to my pvp, I can no longer look at military rates for that cabin since my husband (military) is in my cabin.

Karen

Im betting this has been answered on this site somewhere but I cant get the search function to work.

We booked Early Saver for our July 2010 Pride cruise. We booked a suite and an inside cabin (4D). My question is about the inside question. We are all past quests.

Past quests for our cruise inside cabins have the following fares:

Cat A- upgrade to Cat E- 759.00

Cat B-- upgrade to Cat K- 789.00

Cat C upgrade to Cat K- 789.00

Cat D upgrade to Cat K- 789.00

We like the location of our inside cabin so we are not interested in upgrading, but we paid $824.00 early saver for this cabin per person. Would any of the scenarios above apply to this booking?

Early saver has been very very good to us with our suite. In fact, just saved another $200 yesterday. The inside however has not done as well. In May we were able to bump it up to Military friends and family, but after the promotion was over at the end of May, we can't use military rates to check for a price drop.

If anyone here could help explain I would really appreciate it. I've called carnival several times and have gotten various answers. The most common is that "you cant use early saver now, its too close to the cruise", even after I explained we are military and past guest.

I like early saver but you almost need a degree in cruise pricing to be able to figure out which rates apply and when they apply.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Karen

You should be able to get a price drop down to $759 and stay in the 4D cabin. We are sailing next week in a 4E cabin, and two weeks Carnival was offering an upgrade from 4A to 4H at a lower rate than what we had paid. We received the difference down to the 4A rate in OBC. In fact, the 4A rate dropped several times in the last couple weeks, and we got that each time. Overall, we wound up with $1,040 in OBC for our family of four so we're looking forward to a good time on Carnival next week! :D

kgerkin - If anyone here could help explain I would really appreciate it. I've called carnival several times and have gotten various answers. The most common is that "you cant use early saver now, its too close to the cruise", even after I explained we are military and past guest.

The ES Terms & Conditions clearly state that Price Protection is available up to two business days prior to sailing. You can price match to Past Guest, 55+, Resident and Military Rates (that you're eligible for) up to that time. ken

Since this thread is already started and I don't want to start another ES thread......

Where do you see the OBC on the new Carnival site? I knew where to see it on the old site, but now that they changed it I don't know where. Is it under "My Billing"?

Since this thread is already started and I don't want to start another ES thread......

Where do you see the OBC on the new Carnival site? I knew where to see it on the old site, but now that they changed it I don't know where. Is it under "My Billing"?

You have to look at the page in "My documents" that shows the fare - I think it's page 6 - second to last page, right before printable luggage tags.

It will show the new lower rate with a line underneath that says how much OBC the cabin has.

I saw the other day that the price on our 12/26/10 Freedom cruise dropped. We had booked 4E and it was showing on the website as 819, down from 839 so I submitted the form. It was denied because apparently sometime last fall (we booked 3/2009) they recharacterized all the cabins so our 4E is now a 4F and I have to check the price on a 4F to get a price drop. I called Carnival to complain because I don't think I should have to compare to a 4F when I booked a 4E but they won't budge! They did give me a smaller drop to what the 4F is showing. I really don't think it's fair and in actuality, it amounts to a price increase as the 4Fs go for more than the 4Es and I will have to compare any sale price going forward on 4Fs not 4Es. I still have the exact same cabin but it's called a 4F now instead of a 4E. I guess there is nothing to stop them from reclassifying it as anything they want and charging a higher fare for it, so in this case, ES is not price protection, in my opinon.

Archived