How much have you gained?

On my last cruise, I gained a pound and a half. The week before, my doctor told me that I needed to gain weight because I'm underweight (trust me, gaining weight is harder than it looks for those of us who medically need to gain it). I also have a really active lifestyle and always took stairs, didn't lay around too much, and I don't really drink alcohol.

Now, my fiancé's father... he gained like 12 pounds on a 7 day cruise. He'd order 4-5 appetizers and 2 entrees every night in the MDR. Saw him two weeks later though and he'd already lost it all... so at least his weight gain souvenir wasn't permanent.

Carol......you and I are in the same, new boat, that being TA's.

We will be off RCI after the first of the year, after we have finished our 100th with them.

We have Princess Elite, and are willing to join up with you at any time. You have my personal email address, and let us know what you're thinking about.....and we will come join you.

And, yes, you are the only one that has set the precident.......of always having your own cocktail.......in our cabin.......when we are serving!!:D;)

Rick

Hi Rick,

Will send you an email or message on FB - I have 2 Princess cruises booked for next year - one a wine cruise (hehehehehe:D) and the other Canada/New England.

Life without drinks?!? :eek: What is this world of which you speak?

I don't know!!!! That's not my world!!! Especially on a cruise, because I'm not driving!:p

Carol......you and I are in the same, new boat, that being TA's.

We will be off RCI after the first of the year, after we have finished our 100th with them.

We have Princess Elite, and are willing to join up with you at any time. You have my personal email address, and let us know what you're thinking about.....and we will come join you.

And, yes, you are the only one that has set the precident.......of always having your own cocktail.......in our cabin.......when we are serving!!:D;)

Rick

Rick - message sent to you on FB.;)

I nearly always gain about 5 pounds during a cruise. That's really not that bad for 7 days of non-stop eating on the heels of 6-months of weight watcher's dieting I do prior to every cruise. What really hurts is the additional 5-6 pounds I end up adding AFTER the cruise. I seem to get used to eating larger portions and continue to gain for a few months following the cruise...until I finally get shocked enough by that number on the scale that I revert to WW dieting again!!!

You know what they say about middle-aged women. If we're not continuously dieting and/or exercising, we GAIN! It's a curse! (As if the wrinkles and effects of gravity weren't bad enough!!!)

Been on 2 cruises with the next one coming in Feb 20111. Last cruise I lost 3 pounds. Worked out in gym every morning. Went to windjammer for breakfast and the first place I stopped was for fresh fruit leaving less space for everything else. Because we ate dinner at 8:30 we had a late lunch also at windjammer. Because we ate dinner late there was no need to snack like I do at home.

Archived