Yikes! Almost $800 to fly to our cruise!

stargate fan

I'm looking at $300-ish round trip from KC to LAX in January. I can't imagine $600 for running down the east coast like that. Ouch!

Ouch is right! We booked from KC to FLL for this Dec and paid $349 RT total for 2 on Delta (booked all the way back in Feb too!). On a good day we can get to SJU for $600.. airfare makes no sense!

800 bucks from boston to florida sounds crazy:eek:

i cant wait to see what we'll pay from san francisco to florida :(

oh well , it is what it is :)

dave

I Would not worry, las November I flew from Reno to Tampa for $530.00 round trip for 2 people. it would have been $30.00 cheaper from sacramento.

Never book on SW the day dates open. keep looking for deals.

According to Bing Travel you could have got Continnental out of Manchester for 270 PP and a 25 dollar baggage fee.

Remember that the first bag per person is $25 and the second bag per person is $35. That's $120 added to the $540 for a grand total of $660.

Hmmm, not a bad price at all. Do you remember what times were these flights?

This is good info for my mental computer banks for future reference.

Well, that would certainly have been quite disappointing if that were the case this year. We booked four tickets for our upcoming cruise and managed to collect credits for a couple price drops along the way.

We then got very lucky that a local friend decided to join us on the cruise. Since we had over $300 in credits, we were able to use the credits to buy his ticket on Southwest as well at no net cost to us.

I'd hate to see the credits locked down like the article describes.

Southwest opened its fares today through January '11. I thought for sure they would have reasonable rates. I can't believe how much we are paying for two people to fly from the Boston area to FLL. The bright side is that we do not have to pay extra for our luggage.

But, it's a done deal. I hit the "purchase" button. All that's left is to book the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and watch the countdown clock do its thing. :D

Breathe!

Yippee!

Going on a cruise!

That's not so bad. We are booked on American for Feb 2011 at $1600 from NY to Mia. It is the most we have ever paid, and you are right about the baggage fees. I guess we are packing light.

I live in Newfoundland in eastern Canada and its expensive to travel anywhere! I was in Miami back in March and it cost around a thousand dollars just for me. I wouldn't complain about $800 for 2!

We have to fly from Maine to MCO next May- FOUR of us. I do not like the sound of those fares! Maybe we will have to suck it up and drive the 24 hours to Florida. Oh it gives me hives just thinking about it...ick!!!:eek:

PWM to MCO is often very inexpensive since Jet Blue has a direct flight daily. JB just opened up through Feb '11 so start checking the rates in the next month or two and see what it is. We are flying to MCO in Feb for a cruise and the TA originally couldn't find fares for less that $600 but once JetBlue and Air Tran opened their bookings for Feb this past week the fares have all come down. Good luck.

That's not so bad. We are booked on American for Feb 2011 at $1600 from NY to Mia. It is the most we have ever paid, and you are right about the baggage fees. I guess we are packing light.

For how many people?

Assuming two people you could have booked F to FLL on Delta for about the same amount.

Remember that the first bag per person is $25 and the second bag per person is $35. That's $120 added to the $540 for a grand total of $660.

Hmmm, not a bad price at all. Do you remember what times were these flights?

This is good info for my mental computer banks for future reference.

The times were varied, but here is a link.

http://www.bing.com/travel/flight/flightSearch?form=FORMTRVLGENERIC&q=flights+from+MHT+to+FLL+leave+11%2F13%2F2010+return+11%2F21%2F2010+adults%3A2+class%3ACOACH&stoc=0&vo1=Manchester%2C+NH+%28MHT%29+-+Manchester-Boston+Municipal+Airport&o=MHT&ve1=Ft.+Lauderdale%2C+FL+%28FLL%29+-+Ft.+Lauderdale+International+Airport&e=FLL&d1=11%2F13%2F2010&r1=11%2F21%2F2010&p=2&b=COACH&baf=true

I don't know where you are looking, but if I got the dates right-11/13 and return 11/21 from BOS to FLL-one stop Continental-$203.80 including taxes. Luggage fee extra.

PERFECT flights for a cruise:

CO flight 9-leaves at 7:20AM on 11/13

Connects through EWR

Then CO flight 701-arrives FLL at 11:50

Return:

CO1500 leaves FLL at 1:25

CO8 connects in EWR and arrives 7:08 in Boston

Right off the CO website-you can save an additional $50 just getting their credit card and using it.

Review Trip Itinerary

Price Details:

Taxes/Fees

U.S. Federal Transportation Tax $11.24

U.S. Security Service Fee $10.00

U.S. Passenger Facility Charge $18.00

U.S. Flight Segment Tax $14.80

Certain taxes/fees list above are included in the originally quoted price.

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $161.00

Additional Taxes/Fees $42.80

Total Price $203.80

$203.80

Card Statement Credit -$50.00

Learn More Learn More $153.80

Get $50 Back Plus Get the Card and earn up to 30,000 OnePass miles. The Continental Airlines OnePass Plus Card. Click here to find out more!

Flight Details:

Depart:

7:20 a.m.

Sat., Nov. 13, 2010

Boston, MA (BOS) Arrive:

8:37 a.m.

Sat., Nov. 13, 2010

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Flight Time:

1 hr 17 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification*:

201 /100% Flight: CO9

Aircraft: Boeing 737-700

Fare Class: Economy (T)

Change Planes. Connect time in New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) is 1 hour 43 minutes.

Depart:

10:20 a.m.

Sat., Nov. 13, 2010

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Arrive:

1:15 p.m.

Sat., Nov. 13, 2010

Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) Flight Time:

2 hr 55 mn

Travel Time:

5 hr 55 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification*:

1,073 /100%

Total Miles:

1,274 Flight: CO701

Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Fare Class: Economy (T)

Meal: Snack

No Special Meal Offered.

Depart:

1:25 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 21, 2010

Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) Arrive:

4:30 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 21, 2010

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Flight Time:

3 hr 5 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification*:

1,073 /100% Flight: CO1500

Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Fare Class: Economy (E)

Change Planes. Connect time in New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) is 1 hour 25 minutes.

Depart:

5:55 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 21, 2010

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Arrive:

7:08 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 21, 2010

Boston, MA (BOS) Flight Time:

1 hr 13 mn

Travel Time:

5 hr 43 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification*:

201 /100%