Mac Computer

marymar

Yes you can. If your question is can you access the internet you have to pay a fee. Have never seen any limitatin by type of computer for the internet. If you want to take the Microsoft courses they will furnish you a computer to use.

I'm not familiar with Apple products but I do know that someone on our roll call who brought one of the new Ipads could not connect to the internet. :( He ended up having to use the computers in the lab.

Maybe you'll hear from someone who has actually used/tried to use a Mac on board.

Hello,

I was onboard with Dayton Girl and my iPad would not connect, my iPod Touch was fine. I think that the non connection was due to the iPad not being able to use flash technology. I think that you will be fine onboard with an apple laptop. When we were onboard Journey in May there were a team on technicians onboard rewiring the ship to improve the wireless internet connections.

I am sure that they will adjust the systems to allow iPad connection, on the new Celebrity Eclipse they give iPads to passengers using their Quisine restaurant to make their orders, I assume that they make sure that they get them back after the meal as they are very desirable devices.

Hello,

I was onboard with Dayton Girl and my iPad would not connect, my iPod Touch was fine. I think that the non connection was due to the iPad not being able to use flash technology. I think that you will be fine onboard with an apple laptop. When we were onboard Journey in May there were a team on technicians onboard rewiring the ship to improve the wireless internet connections.

I am sure that they will adjust the systems to allow iPad connection, on the new Celebrity Eclipse they give iPads to passengers using their Quisine restaurant to make their orders, I assume that they make sure that they get them back after the meal as they are very desirable devices.

Hi Philip! I'm glad you saw this thread and could clarify the situation somewhat. I knew you couldn't connect but being ignorant about networks and Apples I didn't know what the issue was.

Hello,

If your iPod worked your iPad should have worked. They both use the same technology. Both cannot display flash. You should have no problem connecting with any Apple product.

If your iPod worked your iPad should have worked. They both use the same technology. Both cannot display flash. You should have no problem connecting with any Apple product.

Hi DrKoob,

As you say I thought that both devices should work, however my iPod Touch is one of the older ones and will play flash videos at home on my WiFi when my new iPad will not show the same flash videos.

Hi DrKoob,

As you say I thought that both devices should work, however my iPod Touch is one of the older ones and will play flash videos at home on my WiFi when my new iPad will not show the same flash videos.

You must have bought it second hand and it was jailbroken. No iPod, iPhone or iPad running the iPod, iPad or iPhone software will display Flash. Apple has never allowed Flash video to play on any version.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from the Quest and our iPad worked relatively well. The wireless was unreliable at times but that's the nature of wireless. PC users had similar complaints. It was relatively fast compared to other ships on which we've travelled.

• 2 weeks later...

@rjm1cc

How could you even think of suggesting that a Mac head would use a PC? Never! :)

@marymar

I do not see why you could not use your Mac.

I used my 3rd gen iPod touch (no Flash) on our last trans-Atlantic on the Journey. Their great young woman in the Computer Lab talked me through the log-in procedure, and I was off and running. Sent a daily log to myself at home, and frequent emails to our friends. Pre-wrote everything on iNote and tapped on Send. That put the emails into the outbox. Once a day I logged on, and all accumulated mail went out automatically. All incoming mail was downloaded as well. It took between 4 and 6 minutes of online time a day (no surfing). I had bought a package of 89 minutes for $49.95, which was credited to my account at the end of the cruise, meaning I had free Wi-Fi.

Archived