Private transfer from Venice Airport to hotels

cookieluv

Is it worth taking a private boat transfer from Marco Polo Airport to our hotel near St. Mark's Square? If so, can anyone please recommend a reputable company that is not too expensive. If a shared ride is also okay, please also recommend the best way to take a shared boat ride.

Is it worth taking a private boat transfer from Marco Polo Airport to our hotel near St. Mark's Square? If so, can anyone please recommend a reputable company that is not too expensive. If a shared ride is also okay, please also recommend the best way to take a shared boat ride.

As you exit the airport, there is a sign telling you where to hire a water taxi. Just pick one up there. You might be able to share on the spot.

There is wonderfully complete detail at http://www.veniceforvisitors.com

This is truly worth every penny. You save an hour or more and have a limo like cruise up the grand canal to your hotel. Go ahead-treat yourself! You'll be glad you did.

Welcome to CC,

For convenience and experience very wonderful. We paid ~ 125 euros pre-reserved. Having never been there and traveling with a huge crowd I was very worried about transportation on Day 0 of our trip. so pre-reserved thru expedia. After doing I would say no worries just do it when you get there ( just KNOW the going price so you don't get taken! ) You are asking a question similar to do I need to reserve a taxi when I arrive at any big international airport.

AFter exiting international baggage claims you are a short 10' walk from the docks. If you are arriving in the morning and weather being good you can expect to find 10s if not more watertaxis there. You can buy tickets at windows right after exiting baggage, not sure if you can just walk to the dock and hire. The boats can easily hold 5-6 and luggage, more luggage less people. Its a wonderful open air ride of 30-45' with some passage on the bay ( can be rough if windy ) and then some back narrow canals and grand canal depending on where your hotel is.

As another poster said if money is no object well worth it over the bus/train.

Good luck!

PS find a 3 thumbnail pictures of our ride in

20616925_0040_WaterTaxitoVenice.jpg.6916518162d0a313b7517990e756713e.jpg

1782152726_0050_WaterTaxitoVenice.jpg.8aab1eb2526bf53ce7f3618983018abe.jpg

566832501_0060_WaterTaxitoVenice.jpg.ebb93a030e74fd67519d039b36263818.jpg

Welcome to CC,

For convenience and experience very wonderful. We paid ~ 125 euros pre-reserved. Having never been there and traveling with a huge crowd I was very worried about transportation on Day 0 of our trip. so pre-reserved thru expedia. After doing I would say no worries just do it when you get there ( just KNOW the going price so you don't get taken! ) You are asking a question similar to do I need to reserve a taxi when I arrive at any big international airport.

AFter exiting international baggage claims you are a short 10' walk from the docks. If you are arriving in the morning and weather being good you can expect to find 10s if not more watertaxis there. You can buy tickets at windows right after exiting baggage, not sure if you can just walk to the dock and hire. The boats can easily hold 5-6 and luggage, more luggage less people. Its a wonderful open air ride of 30-45' with some passage on the bay ( can be rough if windy ) and then some back narrow canals and grand canal depending on where your hotel is.

As another poster said if money is no object well worth it over the bus/train.

Good luck!

PS find a 3 thumbnail pictures of our ride in

Best service I've ever had in the NYC area. Fuel prices very fair. Service and prices are the best private transfer from airport to hotels.

We had no problem with the bus (3E) to P.Roma where we stayed at the Best Western Olimpia and then walked to the port. (taxi would have been 10E but there was some sort of road block.) From P. Roma, you can take an inexpensive water bus with your luggage to SanMarco. For me, I am enjoying the dress, shoes and jewellry I bought with the $140.00 we saved! To each her own! (Also, I get sea sick on small boats)

If you take a taxi or bus when they drop you off to take the water taxi to St Marks you will have to drag your luggage and go over at least one bridge with lots of stairs, and this is not fun. Than a short walk to the water taxi. It is worth the 100 euros to take the water taxi located at the stands behind the airport terminal. Just follow the signs, it should be easy to find a share going to St Marks. Find out in advance if your hotel has a taxi stand at it, if not ask them where is the closest place for the water taxi to drop you.:)

Archived