Kenai Fjords

Almagetty

I'm looking for a little bit of advice today on the Kenai Fjords Cruise. We are traveling on June 9 and are finalizing our plans for shore tours. Keeping in mind that there are 5 kids between the ages of 11 and 15 in our group, would you recommend that we take the 6 hour, the 8 hour or the 9.5 hour cruise?

Any input that you could give us would be greatly appreciated!:o

Getty

Norwegian Dream June 9

Thank you Budget Queen! Your advice is always very valued.

What would we see on the 9.5 hour cruise to Northwest Fjord that we would miss out on if we did the regular 6 hour tour? Also, we have considered using Mariah Tours for the longer cruise (the cost is about the same as on the larger boat) so that we could have a more personalized experience aboard a much smaller boat. This wouldn't be possible on the shorter tour. Aside from the sea-sickness factor, do you think there would be any advantages to either scenario?:confused:

Thanks again!!

As I mentioned- LONGER is always better- my opinion only. But only you can assess your child. It is a long endless day for someone not interested. :) Wildlife is there- but not constant and few kids are impressed with scenery- WHY IS THAT????? Take a look at the route maps., Kenai Fjords has their fastest and newest boat going Northwestern fjords.

We did the 6 hour ride with Kenai Fjords, and both our 9 & 11 year olds thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The company's boats were very comfortable, clean and provided good accessibility for viewing. I was a little concerned if they'd get bored (we had done a shorter cruise on Prince William Sound that seemed endless), but they loved it. Of course, it was a picture perfect day weather-wise and all the wildlife and glaciers were in very "cooperative" moods to provide good entertainment, but it really was an enjoyable experience for the kids and us grown-ups too.

Archived