Caribbean Princess rating for the 6/5 cruise

PSUfan1313

Reviewing our 6/5 CB cruise.

Our itinerary: 9 days with stops in Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Bermuda

Embarkment / Disembarkment Rating: A+

Ship Rating: B

Staff Rating: C

Itinerary Rating: A

Food / Beverage: B+

Overall Cruise Rating: B-

Pros:

Pier / Embarkment - Disembarkment

Itinerary (The ports of call were excellent…all 4 of them)

Multiple pools to use

Easy ship to get around

Food at both the dining rooms and buffets was much better than other cruises we’ve been on (the pizza was unbelievable)

The International Café was a great spot to get a snack and miss the crowds (morning though evening)

The Caribe balcony was huge and we used it a lot

MUTS

Cons:

Difficult to get a lounger if you didn’t get to the pool early on sea days

Production shows were cheesy at best

Crowds at comedian shows in the Explores lounge were insane

Staff was average at best, and most seemed like they would rather be somewhere else (In fact, several told me they would) and it showed in their enthusiasm and service.

Room was small

Beds were old and dipped from use (need an upgrade)

Showers were so small that I needed to open the curtain to wash my legs and back

Too many older cruisers to maneuver around

Not much to do after 11pm

Overall we enjoyed our 9 days. We would sail with Princess again, but I think they have some issues to work out. :rolleyes:

Reviewing our 6/5 CB cruise...

Embarkment / Disembarkment Rating: A+

Ship Rating: B

Staff Rating: C

Itinerary Rating: A

Food / Beverage: B+

Overall Cruise Rating: B-

Are you weighting some things more than others to give the cruise an overall rating of B-? Looks like it should be at least a B or B+ if everything was weighted evenly.

Perhaps the Staff Rating really pulled down your overall impressions and feelings about the cruise? Could you give us more specifics about the service, or lack of service, you received?

We leave on the same ship, same itinerary in reverse order, two weeks from tomorrow.

The room steward was adequate, but not a very hard working guy. Had a hard time finding him during peak times of the day, and it seemed like he had no help and was over looking the details that make you feel "special". Many, and I mean many, waiters were a bit surly, and a few even vocally expressed their displeasure working with Princess. We needed assistance one day getting loungers out for the deck, and had one staff memeber completely avoid us, and another lie and tell us he was on his way to a meeting. Moments late, I found him hiding in the bathroom away from the crowds. We had some poor service on night in the main dining area too, and I'm not overly critical... It definitely was the factor that pulled down my overall view of the line.

Although we had a rough time with some, many went well above and beyond to make us feel warm and a ease throughout the trip. Unfortunately you remember the bad more than the good.

I hate to make it sound like I'm complaining, but cruising should be an experience that is full of relaxation and service...

Archived