Can you downgrade an ES

Nope. I accidently picked a cabin only one deck up from what I wanted, and realized it within 15 minutes of booking and it was too late...even if you made a mistake you cant change right after you book.... let alone weeks later.

Hmmm - I did not realize this, cause I had picked a cabin on deck 7 of Dream. I then realized it was 1. on the smoking (Lido) side of the ship (which is different on Dream than other ships) and 2. after reading reviews, we were too close to a hottub/lanai. Called up my pvp the next day, and he switched it, no problem, even though we were early saver.

Hmmm - I did not realize this, cause I had picked a cabin on deck 7 of Dream. I then realized it was 1. on the smoking (Lido) side of the ship (which is different on Dream than other ships) and 2. after reading reviews, we were too close to a hottub/lanai. Called up my pvp the next day, and he switched it, no problem, even though we were early saver.

Either it was a sideways switch, or you didnt book early saver. you can switch cabins within the same category from one side of the ship to another, but thats not a downgrade.

Can't you just pay the $50 pp fee and switch it? I imagine if you are trying to save money by moving from a GS to an OV it would still be a large chunk of change.

Yea, if you are before final payment you could pay the $50 pp to cancel and rebook. I assumed they meant without having to cancel to downgrade.

Since final payment is payed, you could cancel ($50pp penality for booking ES) and rebook, the 'fee' must be paid seperate but then they transfer your 'original deposit' to the 'new booking'

But, would the "fee" off set the savings? and the price might have gone up as well, --no ES available, etc. consider all of this.

Good luck.

Since final payment is payed, you could cancel ($50pp penality for booking ES) and rebook, the 'fee' must be paid seperate but then they transfer your 'original deposit' to the 'new booking'

But, would the "fee" off set the savings? and the price might have gone up as well, --no ES available, etc. consider all of this.

Good luck.

Once you are past final payment, standard cancellation penalaties apply. The $50 pp only works up until final payment date.

So, this wouldnt work ...

Either it was a sideways switch, or you didnt book early saver. you can switch cabins within the same category from one side of the ship to another, but thats not a downgrade.

It was a sideways switch. It was ES. But you are right - it was NOT a downgrade!

Good luck.

Right...

OP said final payment was not due yet, I thought.

I guess I misunderstood what you meant about final payment ..and were suggesting it would work after final payment.

sorry....just didnt understand what you meant.

I guess I misunderstood what you meant about final payment ..and were suggesting it would work after final payment.

sorry....just didnt understand what you meant.

Oh, no, silly me.... I just left out the word "NOT" in my original response....

typing fast to keep boss from seeing that Im on CC again today, not really doing a lot of work..

;)

Your right, after final, standard canceling fees, before $55pp for changes...

:)

Archived