What is that glass-looking enclosure in Central Park?

I can't imagine what that elliptical shaped, glass-looking enclosure in the middle of Central Park is! Is it a greenhouse? Or a shady place to sit? I have searched for an explanation for it, with no success.

I can't imagine what that elliptical shaped, glass-looking enclosure in the middle of Central Park is! Is it a greenhouse? Or a shady place to sit? I have searched for an explanation for it, with no success.

One of the elcosures lets light into the prominade and has an area to sit under, this on is be the Coach store. The other and bigger one that looks like a green house the one that you may be talking about is the enclosure that rising tides bar comes up into the let people on and off on the Cental Park. I hope that this helps.

One of those structures is the upper level of the rising tide bar.

The other two ones are to let daylight down into the Royal Promenade (Crystal Canopies they are called). Those two ones are enlarged to give a covered sitting area in the Central Park:

03-oasis-central-park-uebersicht-chess-garden-2565.jpg

steamboats

The RTB doesn't actually have a bar on it, does it? Do you get cocktails elsewhere, then bring them onto the RTB?

I can see myself sitting on that thing for a loooong time, just riding up and down, sipping on a drink, watching all the peeps.

The RTB doesn't actually have a bar on it, does it? Do you get cocktails elsewhere, then bring them onto the RTB?

I can see myself sitting on that thing for a loooong time, just riding up and down, sipping on a drink, watching all the peeps.

Yes, there is a bar and about 12-15 tables. The whole thing rises up and down.

Archived