First cruise, how do you pass the time?

John73

Try to lose even MORE weight. Unless you are the type who doesn't enjoy good food at every corner all hours of the day - a little wiggle room in your clothes before you go will make up for the couple of pounds you may gain during your cruise.

I gained so much more than I thought - but lost it all in 10 days. I admit we went overboard some times - but the buffets and MDRs and specialty restaurants and the coffee shops and the Bistro on 5 and the ice cream bar and the cocktails ---- I think I just gained a pound writing this.:D

Be prepared to be wowed - and have a great time!!!!

Try to lose even MORE weight. Unless you are the type who doesn't enjoy good food at every corner all hours of the day - a little wiggle room in your clothes before you go will make up for the couple of pounds you may gain during your cruise.

I gained so much more than I thought - but lost it all in 10 days. I admit we went overboard some times - but the buffets and MDRs and specialty restaurants and the coffee shops and the Bistro on 5 and the ice cream bar and the cocktails ---- I think I just gained a pound writing this.:D

I find that the stimulus provided by the expectation of a cruise helps motivate me to ramp up my exercise program. It is easier to take a few pounds off in advance rather than afterward. So I spend my time on the forums, in the pool, on the roads and in the weight room.

This is a great idea! I do plan to lose at least 10 more lbs before the cruise. Sounds like that may be a good idea to have some wiggle room with the great food options and the fact that I'll be getting the prem alcohol pkg :)

Weight gain on a cruise is not your fault. It is the salt in the salt water mixing with the air and then it is breathed in causing fluid retention not real weight gain.

The CD on my very first cruise several decades ago stated in the pre-sailaway meeting (that they used to have on every cruise) that the eleventh commandment of cruising is "Thou shall not count calories!" Lose a few pounds now if you want, but don't even think about it while you're onboard.

The CD on my very first cruise several decades ago stated in the pre-sailaway meeting (that they used to have on every cruise) that the eleventh commandment of cruising is "Thou shall not count calories!" Lose a few pounds now if you want, but don't even think about it while you're onboard.

Except on a Richard Simmons cruise

Come join us on the 2010 Mardi Gras Cruise to Lose - September 25 to October 2, 2010.

from

http://www.richardsimmons.com/j15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=36

Except on a Richard Simmons cruise

Come join us on the 2010 Mardi Gras Cruise to Lose - September 25 to October 2, 2010.

from

http://www.richardsimmons.com/j15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=36

Thanks for the link. Defintely not my cup of tea, but others may be interested.

Me, I'm going to just not worry about anything other diving, good food, good drink, and having fun :)

Thanks for the link. Defintely not my cup of tea, but others may be interested.

Me, I'm going to just not worry about anything other diving, good food, good drink, and having fun :)

Sounds like you have the right idea:):D:)....the first cruise. Hopefully

it will be postively outstanding for you. I first sailed with Celebrity

on May 17th, 2003 so it was just 7 years ago last month. Funny thing,

I was on a cruise that day last month too.....:)

Sounds like you have the right idea:):D:)....the first cruise. Hopefully

it will be postively outstanding for you. I first sailed with Celebrity

on May 17th, 2003 so it was just 7 years ago last month. Funny thing,

I was on a cruise that day last month too.....:)

That's cool you got to have an anniversary cruise :) I hope I'll be just as hooked after my cruise.

OMG - Imagine being on a Richard Simmons cruise by mistake!!! I'd be trying to hide my cinnamon buns under my shirt!

Fine dining is supposed to be one of the greatest pleasures - and a little indulgence is good for the soul (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Thanks derf - salt air being the reason for my weight gain - I thought it might have been the 'seefood diet' -

Laurel

Archived